About the team
The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harry’s a better place to do great work, grow our people, and build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, and curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the role
This role is made for someone who cares deeply about building compelling compensation programs that uniquely support both the employees and the company for which they work. You know compensation isn’t one-size fits all, and you are dedicated to creating compensation programs that enhance the employee experience. You are excited by the challenge of transforming our approach to compensation, and creating and delivering training that strengthens the understanding around compensation for our leaders and our team. Harry’s is also embarking on a multi-year journey towards greater compensation transparency, so this role is tailor made for someone motivated to evolve our philosophy and build processes and practices that enable us to share deeper insights and data with our team.
As the Sr. Manager, Compensation, you will be an integral part of the People Team with a focus on US, UK, and Canadian compensation and long term incentives through our equity plan. We are looking for an innovative and customer centric person to design, implement, and communicate compensation plans that attract and retain our talented team.
What you will accomplish
- You will help design and implement thoughtful and innovative compensation bands for the organization. You will dig in with People Business Partners (PBPs) and VPs to understand the complexity and nuance of our teams and roles to ensure these bands can scale effectively with the organization's growth.
- Once built, you will help develop compelling training for our Leadership and People Management community on how to use the bands for new hires, internal offers, and during the promotion/compensation process to make well informed and fair compensation decisions.
- You will help evolve our compensation philosophy, constantly pressure testing it to ensure we have the right mix of incentives for our team to keep up with the ever changing compensation environment. You will also lead our approach on compensation transparency, navigating what, how and when we share deeper insights and data with our team.
- You will ensure our compensation practices remain fair and equitable by gathering the latest benchmark data, keeping a pulse on the market through our Recruiters and PBPs, and constantly reviewing internal team compensation. You will develop a process for reviewing offers to ensure both internal parity, and competitiveness with the external market. You will also lead our pay equity analysis process with internal and external partners as needed. You will partner with PBPs to make changes to our processes and compensation data based on the outputs of the analysis.
- You will review and enhance our equity program to ensure it is competitive, highly retentive and thoughtfully designed for both new hires and our existing team. You will help build creative and innovative communications that increase employees' understanding of the potential value of their equity. You will take the lead on reviewing our burn rate, overhang analysis, and other dilution analyses.
- You will partner with Finance to develop global compensation budgets, forecast spend, and build a process to ensure our annual and mid-year changes fall within budget and are aligned to business goals.
This should describe you
- You approach problems innovatively and design creative solutions when an obvious one might not exist. You care deeply about the programs and processes you build, ensuring they will work for our team and our unique business.
- Have a proven track record of building, implementing and communicating compensation solutions for high growth organizations of various stages and sizes in ways that enhance employee’s understanding of the programs.
- Will be the trusted go-to resource on compensation. You understand that the nature of a People Team is highly collaborative and a cross functional department and get excited to partner with others, whether it be Recruiting, PBPs, hiring managers, Finance or Legal.
- Are a consistent voice of reason and are balanced in your approach. You know how to advocate for your point of view and listen to others to get to the best answer for our team.
- Love all things related to data. You have an ability to see data and numbers and know how to translate this into something meaningful. You’re willing to get deep into the data when the situation calls for it. You bring an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Highly organized and great at multitasking. You have systems and processes in place to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. You don't get stressed with a lot thrown at you, and can execute quickly but with a high degree of accuracy.
- Have excellent judgment and ability to think critically. You have a strong ability to independently make prudent, well-informed decisions, and maintain confidentiality. You operate with a high level of autonomy and have the ability to problem solve, with a track record of solid decision making.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Director of People Operations
- Working on the People Team
- Working cross-functionally with and becoming the trusted go-to resource on compensation for Recruiting, PBPs, Finance, and VPs
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.