This role will help define the future of Harry’s in the US by shaping our innovation roadmap, always starting with what we can do to improve the lives of our guys. We’re looking for someone who thrives when thinking about long term brand strategy, future innovation ideas, and new product development. In this role, you will be owning and evolving our Innovation Architecture to make sure it lines up to our brand vision + proposition, leading the development of the next generation of the HARRY’s brand.
What you will accomplish:
- Understand our H’ customer and what he needs and wants. You will be able to define how our guy evolves, what is his journey, and how can we best support him.
- Define pain points that H’ can uniquely serve that lives up to our brand position
- Develop unique product propositions that are better than competitive and better serve our guys and their unmet needs.
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of the brands and businesses vying for our target audience’s mindshare, and keep tabs on the cultural and product trends that are changing behaviors.
- Build strong business cases, including forecast volumes, margin analysis, price positioning and P&L to ensure opportunities meet financial objectives.
- Lead complex cross-functional projects, shepherding innovation from concept to launch in close partnership with our internal R&D, consumer insights, supply chain and sales channel partner teams.
- Collaborate closely with brand, retail & DTC teams on sell-in strategy to secure placement is consistent with Harry’s business objectives.
- Get buy-in for your ideas and regularly lead communication of key updates to senior management (VP & Founder level) and provide ongoing program leadership to cross-functional teams across the organization.
Who we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in a brand strategy role and/or product innovation role (Beauty or Beverage industry a plus)
- Big picture visionary who can see beyond what's currently out in the market today
- Deep consumer understanding and curiosity with an insights led approach to brand building and innovation
- Self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and nimble on your feet with a solution orientated mindset (ie. “no task to small” mentality)
- Analytical thinker comfortable manipulating large sets of data
- Highly effective project manager experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced and challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Strong communicator and relationship builder with the ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well as senior stakeholders
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.