The Senior Manager of Retail GTM Strategy will be a key member of the new Sales Strategy and Planning (SSP) team at Harry’s. This individual will be the primary interface between the Harry’s brand marketing team and the customer-facing retail teams, collaborating to translate brand vision (including new innovations and initiatives) into sales fundamental requirements. This individual will develop strategies and plans across all of our retail partners, bringing a broad perspective to brand planning activities that takes the unique requirements and goals of each retailer into account while minimizing cross-channel conflict. This individual will bring the retail go-to-market perspective to all stages of the brand planning process, including initial category ideation, product/assortment development, packaging design, channel placement decisions, pricing decisions, merchandising standards, promotional strategies, and marketing (brand and in-store). The Sr. Manager of Brand Planning and GTM Strategy will also collaborate with the sales analytics and planning teams within the SSP organization to establish KPIs, develop master selling stories, and establish metrics for operational success.
As part of a new team and capability in the Harry’s organization, this individual will have a unique opportunity to develop and refine processes and ways of working that will improve our GTM planning capabilities. As our business grows, this role will be at the forefront of joint value creation between our brands and retail partners and will enable our team to bring an expanding portfolio of great products to consumers.
About the Team
The Retail Sales organization is a critical function that drives the Harry’s brand strategy and growth with our mass market and specialty retail partners. The Retail Sales organization is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, and omnichannel development.
Your core responsibilities
- Partner with each sales channel lead to understand retailer requirements, priorities, and sales fundamentals needed to bring brand goals to life with their customer
- Lead go-to-market strategy and planning for new innovations and brand initiatives. Develop recommendations for where, how, and when to launch based on retail tiers, brand goals, profitability, trade expectations, and other factors (while minimizing channel conflict).
- Collaborate with brand teams from early stages of product development through launch. Act as the voice of the retailer in decisions on product, packaging, pricing, merchandising, and promotion plans.
- Develop retailer-level business plans for new innovations and programs. Partner with Sales Analytics, Planning, and Shopper Marketing to analyze the full P&L implications of any new initiative. Develop KPIs and scorecards to measure our performance against expectations.
- Serve as a liaison between retail leadership, commercial leadership, and brand teams. Drive stakeholder alignment on go-to-market plans and priorities. Clearly communicate all success factors, including resourcing requirements.
- Create compelling presentations to sell new initiatives and programs to retail buyers. Support customer teams in tailoring presentations to specific retailer needs based on business facts, pain points, and recommended solutions to drive improvement in sales productivity and growth.
- Stand up new processes and ways of working across Brand and Retail teams. Iterate and refine – always be on the lookout for opportunities to improve.
- Lead big-picture strategy projects that help grow the Harry’s retail business, enhance our selling capabilities, improve our processes, drive efficiencies, and more. Look around corners to find new opportunities or ideas that can help bring our business to the next level.
These might describe you
- 5-7+ years of experience in an analytical, strategic role such as management consulting, sales / trade strategy, or brand management
- CPG/Retail experience strongly preferred, MBA is a plus
- Demonstrated success collaborating and driving cross-functional consensus
- Strategic mindset, able to see the forest and the trees
- Analytical, data-driven, comfortable using numbers to tell a story
- Insatiably curious and excited about digging into the details, developing expertise across brand, product, consumer insights, and retail strategy
- Creative problem-solver, excited about developing innovative approaches to go-to-market strategy
- Passionate about driving great customer and retail partner experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, comfortable and effective when presenting to senior leadership and cross-functional partners
- Self-starter, confident, able to manage projects independently once onboarded
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- No task too small mentality, scrappy and willing to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Resilient in the face of change and ambiguity, able to figure it out and lean into creative solutions
Who you will work with
- Your role will be extremely cross-functional. Your primary connections will be with the customer-facing retail teams, brand marketing teams, sales analytics, and sales planning
- You'll report to the Director of Sales Strategy and Planning
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.