About the Team
The Packaging Development Team is responsible for the successful development and execution of all aspects of packaging from concept through launch. The team supports all brands under Harry’s Inc. (Harry’s, Flamingo, etc.) and as we continue to expand into new categories will be an instrumental driver of our future product and brand success.
About the Role:
Consumer packaging is everywhere and in many cases it’s unavoidable. Packaging can be disappointing, frustrating, wasteful or unremarkable at best. Conversely, it can drive impulse purchase, consumer loyalty/satisfaction, deep brand recognition, and be mindful of its purpose without being excessive or insufficient. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about creating overwhelmingly positive experiences for our consumers.
What you will accomplish:
- Bring your passion and enthusiasm for package engineering to work every day
- Research and develop packaging components that support new product introductions, promotions and operational initiatives.
- Manage all levels of packaging, from primary through tertiary.
- Fully own technical milestones in project timelines
- Select stock packaging or manage new tooling development and validation for custom package component designs.
- Apply technical knowledge throughout the package development program, including: analyze/create dimensional drawings and assemblies; own packaging trials and test plans; troubleshoot packaging-related technical issues; develop risk mitigation plans and packaging alternatives.
- Document packaging and finished goods specifications for production accuracy and continued success.
- Develop color standards and acceptable production ranges with the Design team and suppliers.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal cross functional partners.
- Seek new packaging innovation/trends.
This should describe you:
- BS in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, other related disciplines, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in development and testing of new packaging components using a range of manufacturing processes and materials, potentially with emphasis on plastic/elastomer injection molded and blow molded parts.
- Having knowledge of a variety of packaging components and material properties such as aerosols, pumps, closures, bottles, tubes, and flexible films and laminations.
- You have a good eye for design and aesthetics, plus experience with decorating techniques and materials used on primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Honest, direct, and ability to articulate and defend technical packaging decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams
- Experience analyzing technical drawings and critical dimensions of assemblies.
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment.
- Life-long learner: You love learning new things and are not afraid to admit when you don’t know an answer
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of Packaging
- Working in the R&D Team w/ Program Management, Product Development, Product Design Engineering, and Research
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Operations, Design, Quality, and Marketing.
- You will also work with external packaging component suppliers, printing and decorating suppliers, and contract manufacturers.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.