About the Team
The Harry’s Design Team is responsible for elevating the physical expression of all Harry's packaging, retail displays and web presence, while continually improving our workflow. We maintain clean and polished work, to push our brand to stand out within the world of industrial design, consumer packaging and retail store design. We keep the customer at the core of all creative objectives, working hand-in-hand with Retail, Brand Marketing and DTC teams
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Photo Retouch Artist to join the Harry’s Design team. The Photo Retoucher will be primarily responsible for completing digital use retouching requests in a timely manner and will play a key role in ensuring that all images meet the company’s standards of quality, color consistency and overall brand aesthetic. Key duties will include processing RAW images, retouching and siloing images of all Harry’s products and packaging, color correction and matching to approved samples, re-coloring components, modifying type on existing product, producing composites from multiple product images and creating mockups for products still in development. Other responsibilities include maintaining an organized workflow and color management policies, integration and upkeep of retouched images in our DAM system and maintaining a library of layered files for easy access and repurposing.
Other tasks and areas of development include: assisting in color management settings and policies, proofing and maintenance of proofer, assisting in in-house photography and maintaining and improving processes and workflows related to the retouching process, as well as retouching photography for internal use such as store merchandising displays, archival packaging and product shots, etc.
The work is predominantly product shots in RGB for digital use but some experience with skin retouching is desirable for shots which include models and body parts. CMYK experience is also a plus for assisting with photos used in printed displays and product packaging.
This is a hands-on position which will require working independently with creatives and art directors to schedule work and deadlines, discuss needs and aesthetic requirements, review images and ingest final assets into our DAM system with appropriate tagging. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, collaborative and resourceful with the ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, troubleshoot and problem solve issues as they arise.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide expert retouching services for a variety of projects as needed across departments: Harry’s and Flamingo’s websites, retail and strategic partner websites, Social Media, email campaigns and internal marketing needs.
- Collaborate with Production Artists and Designers to identify creative direction, organize and execute projects, ensuring that final deliverable is in line with their creative intent and vision
- Juggle multiple overlapping jobs while maintaining uniform quality and meeting delivery schedules
- Use Capture One to manage, adjust and process internal and external photo shoots from raw files to final product
- Organize and maintain a library of sample images which can be used for color reference from project to project
- Keep work files organized and systematically structured and labeled for future repurposing
- Understand and adhere to current best practices in color management in order to maintain the highest standards of Harry’s Imagery across all platforms
- Keep abreast of software upgrades and current trends in retouching and suggest ways to continually streamline and improve workflow
- Work with inDesign and Illustrator files to modify type, line art and logos on existing product shots and create realistic mockups of products still in development.
- Upload final images into our DAM system and tagging appropriate Metadata to make images available and easily searchable across the company
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years experience in retouching with emphasis on web imagery
- BFA/BA in Photography, Graphic Design or Media preferred
- Strong retouching, color correcting skills with keen eye for detail, quality, color and consistency
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically: Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge) and working knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to use Capture One to manage multiple photoshoots and process RAW files
- Basic knowledge of RGB, CMYK, Pantone matching systems, studio color management, color profiling, proofing
- Experience replacing type on existing imagery using line art
- Ability to work with art directors and creatives to understand expectations as well as communicate retouching needs, scheduling and any issues that arise
- Ability to handle concurrent deadlines and numerous projects simultaneously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You’ll be an integral part of the Design Team, reporting to the Imaging Director who is in charge of color management printing and prepress, proofing, providing spectral data for qualifying molded components, in house photography and retouching for all packaging and in store displays
- You’ll work closely with these cross-functional teams: Design, Brand Marketing, Retail, Strategy, Flamingo’s Brand Team, etc.
Here’s what you have the opportunity to learn:
- Color management and workflow for printing processes across multiple suppliers
- Proofing and maintenance of proofing system
- Using a spectrophotometer to measure and analyze color for injection molded components for manufacture and communicate results to staff and suppliers
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.