**This is a temporary, 6-month contract role**
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The R&D Product Development Team at Harry’s is responsible for all hard product launches (razor handles, cartridges, and accessories) from concept to mass production. As Harry’s continues to grow as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Product Development Team will also be the primary driver of new hard product innovation.
About the Role
The R&D Technician at Harry’s will contribute to all aspects of mechanical design validation and reliability testing of our hard products including cartridges, razor handles, accessories, and more. This individual will work collaboratively within a cross functional team to design and execute product reliability testing plans for Harry’s products ensuring mechanical robustness, reliability out in the field, and ensuring timeline coordination with program management. As we are beginning to expand our reliability and validation testing capabilities, there is tremendous room for growth in this role.
What you will do:
- Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engineering and teams to work every day.
- Under the direction of the Test and Reliability Engineer, test, measure, characterize and evaluate prototype components.
- Generate test reports the clearly document and communicate results for use by the Quality and Product Design Engineering teams
- Provide input on testing next steps upon analysis of testing results.
- Assist in pre- and post-test inspection of test articles.
- Participate in testing results share-outs.
- Assist in R&D measurement inspection initiatives.
- Assemble prototype components
- Participate in program retrospectives and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Make data driven decisions.
- Inform R&D team of lab resource loading and planning
These may describe you:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in a testing environment for mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge in the use and calibration of micrometers, calipers, vision-based metrology devices, force measurement systems and data collection devices.
- Creative, analytical, dynamic, and operates with flexibility.
- Strong desire to understand how things work and investigate reason for failures.
- Have an ability to clearly communicate testing status and results to both engineering and non-engineering teams.
- High motivation to learn and contribute to both product and process development within the R&D team.
- Experience in one 3D MCAD package. Solidworks is preferred.
- Proficient with measurement and inspection equipment and tools, mechanical and environmental testing apparatus.
- Have experience working with LabView
- Have experience testing electro-mechanical assemblies
- Sense of humor!
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly into the Senior Manager of Product Design Engineering.
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Product Design Engineering, Quality, and the Advanced Technologies Team (manufacturing focus)
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.