As the Manager of Quality, Training, and Development, you will drive our value of "Improve, Always" within the CX Team and be responsible for defining and delivering the best possible customer experience for Harry’s customers. You will oversee a team that monitors the quality of customer interactions, identifies opportunities for improvement to our policies and training, and develops training content to support new initiatives and changes to our business. You will also be responsible for supporting CX Team Leads on how to coach, mentor, and develop CX Associates. In addition, you will work closely with the full-company Learning and Development Manager to design and create programs that will nurture talent within our CX team to contribute to other functions across Harry’s.
The Customer Experience Team serves as a direct bridge between the Harry's brand and the people who use our products. We strive to create effortless experiences for everyone who reaches out to our team, and we serve as an advocate for our customers in an effort to drive changes to the overall Harry’s experience. We bring the voice of the Harry's brand to our customers, and the voice of our customers to the broader Harry's team.
Here's what you'll do:
Strategy and Management
- Own the Customer Experience Quality, Training, and Development function:
- Build an overall vision for the QA, Training, and Development operation and how the function fits within the broader Harry's vision, values, and strategy
- Build on the existing perspective of how we train and develop engaged CXAs, how we leverage that into creating high-quality experiences for customers, and how we measure to ensure we are successful
- Continuously challenge our processes and approach to ensure we are sustaining best in class training and development methodologies with the goal of living our “Improve Always” value
- Partner with Director of Customer Experience to outline specific strategy for QA, Training, and Development functions - prioritizing workflow, identifying growth and staffing needs, and driving projects
- Serve as direct manager for Quality Assurance Analyst and Trainer
- Select QA and Training tools that would be beneficial to our team and workflow, within the bounds of the CX budget
- Partner with CX Trainer and CX Quality Assurance Analyst to monitor current QA and Training Tool usage, auditing regularly for cost-savings, efficacy, and use-cases, managing to budget while maximizing performance
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently with the Operations and Trust & Safety Team to identify efficiencies in our operation and build training/QA that maps to the operation (outlined further in sections below)
- Own the definition of what a quality customer interaction is at Harry's, and facilitate research and projects that continually iterate on this definition
- Spearhead process improvement initiatives leading to seamless customer experience
- Manage our quality auditing operation to ensure regular assessment of customer contact quality
- Communicate customer and employee pain-points identified in the QA process to the Operations Team, collaborating to identify and implement solutions and improvements
- Hold CX Operations Team accountable to our quality metrics, ensuring that Team Leads are identifying and coaching on individual quality performance issues
- Oversee quality reporting as performed by QA Analyst, digging into the relevant data to identify trends around quality issues
- Remain up-to-date on adult learning theory and methods, testing and incorporating new initiatives into our training program, supported by Trainer
- Partner with Trainer to ensure high-caliber on-boarding of new associates and continually iterate on the on-boarding process, incorporating new technology, accelerating time to full productivity, and minimizing attrition
- Do so with a particular eye for part-time, remote, and other non-traditional hires
- Equip Team Leads with the tools they need to be successful coaches for their associates
- Identify and implement training for non-CXA roles within our team (QA, trainer, etc.)
- Serve as the central location for the Harry's CX Voice as we globalize, ensuring consistency across borders with localized flair
- Own CX content development such as training materials, a centralized knowledge base, and macro language
- Create a consistent feedback loop between Trainer and Operations Team to implement training on new processes and operational changes
- Lead the CX People Development Strategy via initiatives such as CXpectations, incentives, and employee satisfaction in partnership with CX Director and the People Team
- Partner with Operations Manager to drive overall CX employee satisfaction strategy by thinking critically about the needs of CX staff
- Create and implement programming that keeps the broader Harry's team close to the customer, leveraging Trainer to build and execute
- Partner with CX Director to ensure that this programming provides a foundation to the broader team that makes CX's external reporting more valuable
- Identify and create more structured development opportunities on our team via programming or processes in partnership with the company Learning and Development Manager
- Produce programming that enriches the CX Associate role via skills development and/or career coaching
- Partner with Operations Manager to develop hiring plans for CXAs and Team Leads to ensure that we’re properly testing for ability to deliver on quality expectations
- Work with Operations Team to implement personal development plans to foster career and professional growth for CXAs
This might describe you
- Natural coach and mentor with a deep interest in growing people and supporting their professional progression
- Data-driven and possesses a continuous improvement mindset
- Effective communicator who can work with a variety of stakeholders across an organization, getting buy-in across teams and levels
- Inherently understands what makes great experiences for customers (and human beings, generally)
- Experience in learning & development program management, preferably in a customer support and/or contact center environment
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to execute quickly against business priorities and manage a variety of work streams simultaneously
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.