About The Team
The Harry’s Brand team is dedicated to building a men’s grooming brand that represents progressive, forward-thinking values and resonates powerfully with our target.
Our customer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs and motivations of shoppers is key to driving our business strategy. We continuously tap our customers and consumers to understand what we’re doing well, where we can make improvements, and what they want to see from Harry’s and the broader men’s grooming category in the future.
We are a highly strategic function and think through the implications of brand, PR & Retail activity with our brand goals in mind. We interface and communicate with multiple areas of the business including growth, retail and US Creative and Design.
At Harry's we're small but incredibly ambitious, and we've got big plans for the future. We’re fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy and hyper-growth - along with the resources and stability that comes with being part of an established global business.
We live and breathe our values, and we strive to work collaboratively every day. Our London office is located in the heart of Covent Garden and yes, as a start-up we have scooters, unlimited coffee, snacks and as many free shaving products as you require! And don’t worry, facial hair is allowed here at Harry's. We got you.
Cracking the men’s grooming market is a big job, and we are looking for someone awesome who is up for the challenge.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned marketer, who has a passion for systematically building great brands. You will be the voice of the consumer and drive our brand and its magic in the market. You will be deeply involved in monitoring the commercial performance of the brand and translating the market reality, business goals and consumer insight into brand plans and briefs. We’re looking for someone who loves understanding business drivers, working with people from different teams across the organization, and mobilizing an organization to execute growth. You will live and breathe our brand and business, and help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of the brands & businesses that are vying for our target consumers’ mindshare and wallet—in the shaving aisle, men’s care category, and out in the world at large
- Be the internal expert on guys, masculinity broadly, and male brands
- Be on the look-out for what’s new—and analyze opportunities and threats we may encounter
Growth Strategy & Planning
- Understand the external environment (competitive and market) and identify new sources of opportunity
- Work with the H’.com team and the retail shopper marketing team to understand the channel needs, their key milestones and what it will take for all marketing projects to be ROI+ for our sales channel partners.
- Anticipate future trends to engage and delight consumers
- Seek an understanding of fundamental human needs and behaviors
- Interrogate data to identify core business levers
- Balance facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases
- Understand the operational fundamentals of our direct to consumer and retail businesses
- Leverage financial rigor to prioritize and allocate resources effectively
- Deploy discipline and process to improve impact and speed to market
- Measure financial and brand equity impact of plans
- Persuade and inspire others (creative team, internal cross-functional partners) to create belief
- Keep brand consistency top of mind so we are our best selves in the eyes of consumers
- Fight for greatness, build H’ to be a brand that matters
- Understand other team's needs and interdependencies, anticipate fire-drills before they happen, over-communicate.
- To be old school about it, we need someone to nurture commercial solutions for the consumer across all P’s – product innovation within our existing categories, package innovation, price strategy, and promotional efforts.
- Lead the planning, organizing, and management of resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Lead status meetings, budget reviews, scoping sessions, etc. provide regular status reports, timelines and delivery calendars, risk/issues
- Support the brand leader in defining Harry’s brand narrative, lead the development of brand communication calendar so we know the arc of the 12-18 months ahead and what steps we'll take with comms along the way.
- Develop resonant, relevant and meaningful briefs that can excite and energize the creative team.
- Manage and inspire media agencies to ensure the optimal impact is achieved in the market.
- Nurture a high-quality relationship with in-house creative to provide them with guidance, partnership, and inspiration.
- Analyze post-campaign performance and assess learnings to report ROI and direct future campaign planning
This should describe you:
- You love nothing more than pulling together lots of different data points and insights to outline a clear way forward for a brand
- You thrive when thinking conceptually and then tying insights and recommendations to tactics
- You are passionate about systematically propelling a brand forward
- You believe that resonant and relevant brands can drive business growth
- You pride yourself in your creativity and expansive thinking
- You find pleasure in systems, frames, and logic that make the complex easy to navigate and understand
- You love thinking about what’s best for real world people—but similarly what can propel a brand and a business forward
- You have a passion for understanding business drivers and executing against them
- You are a feeler, and can be the emotional balance to others within the organization
- You nerd-out on all things brand related
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- You naturally prioritize and synthesize complex inputs
- You get energized by working with people of all different expertise
- You love when brands do great things in the world
- You major in empathy
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.