About the Team
Harry’s Distribution and Logistics team overseas the management of our 3PL’s, whilst overseeing the flow of our product from point of supply to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders and our customers.
At Harry's UK, we're small but incredibly ambitious, and we've got big plans. We’re fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy and hyper-growth - along with the resources and stability that comes with being part of an established global business.
We live and breathe our values, and we strive to work collaboratively every day. Our London office is in the heart of Covent Garden and yes, as a start-up we have unlimited coffee, snacks and as many free shaving products as you require.
About the Role
We are recruiting a Senior Manager of Distribution to support the UK E-commerce and Wholesale operations and future expansion plans This includes the management of our UK 3PL, implementing new initiatives to drive cost reductions while delivering service to our end customer. This position will require someone who has excellent operational experience, sourcing and on-boarding new 3PL’s as well as extremely high attention to detail and developing processes and procedures for the team.
This role will require someone who is an excellent communicator and relationship builder, who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into operational detail but can also work strategically to overcome long-term challenges in a fast-growing business.
This person will also be required to travel to Europe and the U.S.A frequently.
- Accountable for managing operational costs and COGS associated with the DCs as well as the UK/EU P&L.
- Deliver opportunities for cost reductions and service level improvements including opportunities to support business growth and drive for implementation.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organisation effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions. Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development. Allocate the different topics and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organisational efficiency.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all our 3rd parties and customers.
- Grow and develop our distribution network in UK and Europe including RFP/RFQ to implementation.
- Manage our 3PL’s to ensure SLA’s are met and SOP’s are followed. Identify and coordinate service, process and cost improvements at our DC’s.
- Collaborate with supply chain, R&D, S&OP, DTC, Customer Experience and Finance teams to design and implement UK Distribution strategy.
- Driving standardisation of fulfillment practices, business process and reporting with fulfillment centre, retail, finance, engineering and supply chain stake holders.
- Partnering with all cross functional partners and key operational experts across the business to lead, support and influence new business initiatives.
This should describe you:
- BA/BSc Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or Business-related field
- Minimum 7+ years’ relevant experience required
- Experience in managing 3PL’s and able to demonstrate experience in driving operational improvements and budget management.
- Experienced in open books model
- Experience with ERP systems and implementing systems into the businesses including WMS/OMS/CMS
- Strong analytical, excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- A sense of humour
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of Global Distribution.
- Working in the Global Distribution and Logistics Team – based both in the UK and US
- You will be working cross functionally with, customer experience, finance, DTC and supply chain
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.