We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to work with the FP&A Manager to provide dedicated FP&A coverage of our personal care brands, Harry’s and Flamingo. This person will collaborate with sales, R&D, and marketing to identify and implement strategies to help drive short and long-term financial performance. This includes supporting the business and financial planning process, pulling together a holistic view of investments across our commercial channels, and identifying and recommending solutions as appropriate. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior-level decision making.
About the Team
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions. The team supports the Harry’s brand in North America and UK, our recently launched Flamingo brand and our private label and manufacturing business in Germany.
What you will accomplish:
- P&L Management
- Partner cross-functionally across brand teams to identify and communicate big-picture trends and drivers of revenue and analyze performance against our forecasts and long-term plan
- Coordinate with Sales & Operations Planning team on demand and inventory forecasting
- Improve on the financial understanding and reporting of gross margin by channel and customer by partnering with our operations finance team
- Provide financial guidance and support for our brand lanes to dissect spend and track back to key operating results
- Drive the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process for personal care branded businesses and team
- Maintain and quantify risks and opportunities in business performance and conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Business Process Support
- Help define and connect the dots between all our planning processes and forecasting cycles, including the brand operating plan, brand performance reviews, annual budget / reforecasts and our long-term plan
- Improve financial rigor around brand decision-making, starting with improved brand planning and NPI (new product introduction) processes, but ultimately including businesses cases for investments and new channels
- Corporate & Financial Reporting
- Leverage existing organization tools and systems (eg. Adaptive Insights) to develop and report on metrics in order to identify inefficiencies and improve strategic decision making
- Participate in the preparation of all related monthly business review and Board materials
- Provide ad hoc financial and business decision support as needed
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement
- 2-4 years of experience in FP&A or financial analysis within an operating business; CPG or other consumer-facing vertical is preferred
- Prior consulting or investment banking background is a plus
- Solid understanding of P&L and profitability analysis and strong working knowledge of accounting
- Experience using a planning system (e.g. Adaptive, Essbase, Anaplan)
- Expert Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data and presenting conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust and gaining support across the organization
- Passionate about consumer businesses and motivated to learn all aspects of a high-growth brand, aren’t afraid to get into the details
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, and can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Direct, honest, and supportive in communications and takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of your work
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Manager of FP&A and support our stakeholders in our Personal Care brands to ensure they have the data and insight they need to drive business success
- Work directly with VPs and operational leaders of Harry’s and Flamingo
- Significant direct exposure to the senior leadership team
- Partner across the rest of the finance and operations teams globally
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.