About the People Team
The People Team at Harry's, Inc. is here to make our company a better place to do great work, grow our people, and build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, and curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the Role
As the Manager, Payroll & Benefits, you will be an integral part of the People Team with a focus on US and UK benefits for all brands under Harry's Inc., including Harry's, Flamingo, and all future brands! You'll also handle payroll, immigration and leave of absence management globally. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who is excited about creating and refining our foundational processes to better support our employee experience.
Communication and collaboration will be key for this role as you will work very closely with the rest of the people team as well as our cross-functional partners in Finance and Legal. You will also be a critical support for employees, handling confidential questions and concerns quickly and effectively.
What you will accomplish:
- Be the first point of contact for employees on our US and UK benefit programs. This includes managing our benefits onboarding session and enrollment process in our HRIS, Ultipro, and resolving routine benefit questions.
- Partner with benefit providers and brokers on the day-to-day management of our health and welfare plans and ensure Harry’s is in compliance with all US and UK regulations (including compliance testing, form 5500 filings, plan docs, and plan audits). Reconcile carrier invoices to ensure enrollment accuracy.
- Run accurate and on time payroll processes for both the US and UK, and ensure we remain compliant with all country, state, and local payroll and tax requirements. Handle payroll and tax reconciliations and audits and partner with Finance on year-end reporting.
- Own employee data accuracy including entering new hires, terminations, compensation changes and transfers. Additionally, you will find opportunities to improve the data captured and the processes for making data changes.
- Serve as primary point of contact for employees and People Business Partners on immigration-related matters and visa filings. Interface with immigration attorneys and ensure filings are completed timely, and immigration files are kept up to date.
- Work with employees and our People Business Partners on Leave of Absence and Accommodation requests. Manage the leave process and paperwork, including Family Medical Leave, statutory filings for disability and NY Paid Family Leave benefits.
This should describe you:
- You have 5+ years of experience managing benefits and/or payroll. Ultimate Software experience a plus!
- You’re highly organized, meticulous about detail and accuracy and get excited about process improvement.
- You have a strong ability to independently make prudent, well-informed decisions and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- You’re great at multitasking and work well with fast-changing priorities. You can juggle (not literally but that skill is welcome too!) multiple projects and tasks at the same time without losing focus. You know how to preserve through all challenges while staying positive.
- You understand that the nature of Ops is highly collaborative and a cross-functional support department and get excited to partner with others
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director, People Operations
- Partner closely with the People Development and Recruiting teams
- Work cross-functionally with our US and UK Finance and Legal teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.