Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We can deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 4 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The global Logistics team oversees the flow of our product from point of supply to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders.
At Harry's UK we're small but incredibly ambitious, and we've got big plans for the future. We’re fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy and hyper-growth - along with the resources and stability that comes with being part of an established global business.
We live and breathe our values, and we strive to work collaboratively every day. Our London office is located in the heart of Covent Garden and yes, as a start-up we have unlimited coffee, snacks and as many free shaving products as you require! And don’t worry, facial hair is allowed here at Harry's. We got you.
About the Role
This individual is charged with developing, implementing, and monitoring of a UK/EU centralized, standardized, and optimized inbound and outbound logistics network that minimizes total costs and maximizes profitability while delivering superior customer service. The position will require a full cross functional approach, developing plans and metrics that are aligned with business goals and objectives creating value for our customers.
What you will accomplish:
- Manage UK/EU logistics activities aligned with business priorities and strategies
- Develop/implement transportation (small parcel, trucking, and ocean modes) processes to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and customer service levels
- Innovate tirelessly to ensure the end customer’s changing delivery needs are met
- Collaborate with the Director, Global Logistics to design and implement UK/EU logistics strategies for all global business entities
- Drive analytics to identify Europe logistics costs and service opportunities
- Interact with functions such as S&OP, distribution, manufacturing, and supply chain to develop targets and deliver performance within defined cost targets
- Develop and maintain UK/EU transportation requirements and routing guide(s), which includes terms governing service levels, rates, shipping rules, accessorial charges, and carrier practices
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with core UK/EU providers to ensure defined service requirements are being met
- Lead the development of RFI/RFPs across various transport modes (small parcel, trucking, ocean) on Europe lanes
- Demonstrate leadership with internal and external stakeholders in the execution of projects and to achieve performance goals; Engagement in high-performance culture
- Develop of UK/EU transport performance metrics and communicate results to the organization
- Identify UK/EU market trends and develop strategies to ensure adequate space availability and transit performance for ocean, air, parcel, and truck shipments
- Manage and prioritize UK/EU expedites and adhoc type requests from cross-functional teams
This should describe you:
- 5+ years of experience leading operations in UK/EU logistics and transportation.
- Strong understanding of the concepts of transport and logistics business process measurement, including On Time shipment and delivery, carrier utilization, EDI transactions, and lead time.
- Strong operations experience in outbound ecommerce small parcel and retail shipping to UK/EU customers
- Strong experience of ex-UK B2C consumer logistics and ready made EU carrier relationships
- Previous UK/EU transportation sourcing experience, encompassing multiple modes and sales channels (Air, Truck, Ocean, Parcel, and Expedited services)
- Sense of urgency with bias for action. A high level of motivation, discipline mindset, and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations.
- Strong communication skills and record of effective collaboration with supply chain stakeholders
- Proven ability to build enduring professional relationships with local partners and service providers leading to outstanding performance.
- Strong customer focus and a track record of delivering best in class service levels, innovating and adopting new technologies to evolve delivery solutions.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director, Global Logistics with a dotted line to the Senior Manager of Distribution in the UK
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including but not limited to supply chain, S&OP, finance, distribution, manufacturing,R&D, retail, and quality.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.