The Senior Director Planning and External Operations has responsibility for functions including demand management and forecasting, production planning, inventory management, and external operations (schedule fulfilment at suppliers and third-party manufacturers).
This senior leader will establish the strategies, best practices, and tools to create a world-class service delivery within the Harry’s supply chain.
The successful candidate must bring a track record of significant accomplishments from companies that have integrated supply chain and logistics complexity (e.g. warehousing, direct to customer planning, retail fulfillment planning, inventory management, external operations finished goods planning, and customer services). Familiarity with WMS and SAP allocations systems and planning tools is required. Make-to-order inventory experience is a plus.
About the Team
The Senior Director of Planning and External Operations is part of the Global Supply Chain department, overseeing the Sales and Operations Planning function. This end-to-end global team seeks to continuously improve its efficiency, cost, speed and flow of its product supply functions (Quality Assurance, Sourcing/Procurement, Planning, Manufacturing, and Logistics/Distribution). Additionally, the team is responsible to ensure that Harry’s Supply Chain Network design (suppliers, vertically integrated Harry’s manufacturing sites, third party manufacturers, third party logistics) fit Harry’s business needs and drive sustainable service excellence and gross margin improvement. The S&OP team manages the process globally and is responsible for all demand inventory, and supply planning activities.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Fully implement MRP and ERP systems within our SAP by Design platform
- Implement and lead an effective S&OP process
- Increase linkages within the supply chain group and with enterprise leaders to create an integrated supply chain advantage.
- Implement scalable tools, systems, and processes to sustain high-performing supply chain planning capabilities.
- Act as the liaison between key enterprise groups, driving decisions relating to production and sourcing. He/she will direct activities related to all levels of inventory such that targeted customer service levels are met while also achieving planned working capital utilization objectives.
- Provide overall project leadership for production resourcing projects between internal manufacture and contract manufacture as well as between geographies
- Fully implement a capability building road map, linked to Harry’s LTP, to ensure scalable growth by functional teammates.
This should describe you:
- Outstanding communicator, able to influence comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Passionate about people development as a cornerstone to building a world class planning/materials management function
- Action oriented, with experience and interest in making substantial business process changes that enhance planning, production inventory management, and the delivery of the right product to the right place at the right time.
- Ability to deliver change in a highly complex business and a results-driven culture.
- Passionate about creating a performance-driven organization at H’s through effective objective setting, performance management, succession planning, recruitment and retention actions
- Strong working knowledge of purchasing/supplier management, manufacturing processes, customer logistics, demand planning and distribution/logistics. Leveraging this foundational knowledge to successfully roll out best practices including the tools, processes, and metrics that will facilitate the standardization of processes throughout the H’ supply chain network. Able to benchmark progress against “best-in-class” consumer goods corporations.
- Skilled in developing appropriate business continuity plans and surge/responsive supply solutions to support new product development (NPD) successes to business plan.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Chief Supply Chain Officer
- Working in the end-to-end global supply chain (Sourcing, QA, Demand and Inventory Planning, Manufacturing, Third party manufacturers, and Distribution/logistics)
- Work with cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, R&D, Finance, People and Executive Teams
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.