As a People Business Partner, you will be a key leader for people development and org planning at Harry’s. You will work closely with senior leaders and people managers to support all Teams which include the Engineering, Customer Experience, Distribution, Analytics and Strategy Teams.
Having an experienced Business Partner who understands how to navigate the complexity of dynamic and ever changing teams, will be crucial for our long term success. We need someone who can look around corners to make sure we are creating teams and processes that scale. This strategic and trusted advisor should be someone who cares a lot about culture and the people that form it; they will ensure we are maintaining and improving the elements that make Harry’s special. In true start-up fashion, this individual will have the opportunity to build and implement programs and processes from scratch with substantial impact.
Here's what you will do:
- Partner with their clients, People teammates and cross-functional collaborators to help run and improve all key people processes (promotion, compensation, performance management, etc).
- Create org structures and working models that will scale, working collaboratively with e-team and Directors to identify needs, pain points, communication strategies and succession plans.
- Coach current and new employees in their development, career pathing and ability to navigate and resolve tricky challenges.
- Make the outstanding leaders you support even stronger, by providing guidance, cross-functional perspectives and 360 degree feedback.
- Assure that Harry’s culture, values and engagement initiatives translate effectively to all employees.
- Identify opportunities to use technology and automation wherever you see inefficiencies to make everyone’s lives easier and enhance overall communication between teams.
- Build compliance into all you do, including maintaining documentation around all employe relations and performance issues, off-boarding and legal matters.
These might describe you:
- People whisperer and coach. You naturally build strong relationships at all levels. You are a sought after coach and thought partner for all employees
- Earn trust quickly. You are honest, credible and a great listener
- Good instincts on people. You consistently choose the best course of action, considering all impacts on people across the org
- Business savvy. You quickly develop deep understanding of business strategy and how we make money
- Honest, direct and supportive in all communication
- Life long learner. You love to teach and coach. You love learning new things and are not afraid to admit when you don’t know an answer
- Passionate, out of the box HR thinker. You design things that work for Harry’s, not just what is standard
- You have 6+ years of applicable experience leading and working with teams and people
Here's who you will work with:
- Report directly to the Director of People Development
- Work regularly with the People Team, NYC Business Partners and Recruiters to attract and retain fantastic talent
- Serve as People Business Partner for key teams at Harry’s
- Work closely with the COO, Sr. Directors of Distribution and Customer Experience and the Directors of Strategy and Analytics to develop strong relationships across every level
- Build strong relationships and interact regularly with full Harry’s team
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.