Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The R&D Product Development Team at Harry’s is responsible for all hard product launches (razor handles, cartridges, and accessories) from concept to mass production. As Harry’s continues to grow as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Product Development Team will also be the primary driver of new hard product innovation.
About the Role
The Product Development Engineer at Harry’s will contribute to all aspects of mechanical design of our hard products including cartridges, razor handles, accessories, and more. This individual will work collaboratively within a cross functional team to design mechanical components of Harry’s products ensuring that mechanical robustness, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are met. There are opportunities to interact at all levels of the company as well as great potential for growth while working with our more senior team members.
What you will do:
- Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engineering and teams to work every day.
- Detailed design of mechanical components throughout all phases of product development ranging from early concept to mass production readiness.
- Develop 3D CAD models, 2D engineering drawings, and specifications as part of the product development process, for prototypes and final products.
- Develop and implement plans for research, design for manufacturing, design validation, qualification, etc. in partnership with R&D cross functional partners.
- Participate in and drive engineering design reviews.
- Clearly document and communicate design history and intention, engineering change orders, etc. to multifunctional team and third-party suppliers.
- Collaborate with local and overseas engineering and manufacturing partners to qualify part tooling and define visual quality requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions implementation as a result of assembly or reliability testing issues.
- Make data driven decisions
- Travel up to 25%
These may describe you:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the design, testing, and development of new products using a range of manufacturing processes and materials, potentially with emphasis on plastic/elastomer injection molded parts and metal parts (e.g. sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
- Creative, analytical, dynamic, and operates with flexibility.
- Experience using engineering analysis methods such as FEA, Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, DFMEA, DFA, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Having an ability to articulate and defend engineering decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- High motivation to teach, learn, and contribute to both product and process development within the R&D team.
- Proficient in one 3D MCAD package. Solidworks is preferred.
- Experience creating 2D engineering drawings.
- Sense of humor!
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly into the Senior PD Engineering Manager
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Operations, Quality, Marketing, and Research.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.