Harbor is seeking a Procurement Client Lead Manager to join our growing team! The Vendor Governance + Sourcing (VG+S) team assists clients in procuring goods and services, reducing costs across a variety of areas, optimizing business processes and improving stakeholder value. By providing strategic, technology and operational services to clients in the legal, professional and financial services industries, our Vendor Governance + Solutions (VG+S) teams are a highly talented group of professionals who offer a unique blend of analytical and procurement experience across a number of industries and disciplines.
This is ideally a hybrid role either working in the Chicago or DC office. Some travel involved.
- Support and manage all aspects of projects including guiding internal resources, facilitating requirements, gathering and conducting data analysis and research, training and mentoring junior team members and implementing the identified opportunities directly alongside client senior management
- Support engagement financials, practice operations as well as business development and proposal efforts
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs, evaluating and validating analysis
- Develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement and implementing change while minimizing organizational disruption
- Work directly with client management and executives on a routine basis on status as it pertains to engagement progression
- Ensure high quality delivery and provide content leadership
- Structure ill-defined problems, develop and apply conceptual frameworks and analytical approaches, create new tools and methodologies, and develop recommendations for client implementation
- Independently structure, write, and present well—organized and persuasive end products
- Utilize strong communications skills including the ability to command an audience
- Develop new intellectual capital including new and insightful frameworks and analyses
- Promote firm development by taking initiative to identify and cultivate new clients and business opportunities, and identify opportunities to provide additional client value and extension of existing client relationships
- Be a strong team player and developer of consulting staff
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Supply Chain or Management Information Systems required
- 7+ years of relevant experience in industry or consulting team-oriented environment with a focus on strategic sourcing, process improvement, project management and/or financial analysis required
- MBA and/or PMP (or similar certifications) highly desirable
- Ability to think strategically and identify critical business issues
- Exceptional analytic skills and experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Exceptional business acumen, presence and interpersonal/communication skills
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
- Willingness to travel depending on client assignments (0 – 40%)
Harbor is the preeminent provider of expert services across strategy, legal technology, operations, and intelligence. Our globally integrated team of 800+ strategists, technologists, and specialists navigate alongside our clients – leading law firms, corporations, and their law departments – to provide essential resources and invaluable insights. Anchored in a rich heritage of deep knowledge, steadfast relationships, and mutual respect, our unwavering dedication lies in shaping the future of the legal industry and fostering enduring partnerships within our community and ecosystem.
Harbor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.