Harbor seeks a Principal Implementation Engineer to join our Legal Technology division. The Principal Implementation Engineer ensures client satisfaction through successful implementation of Aderant and/or Elite 3E systems that will improve the client’s business efficiency and functionality. This is a remote position that can be located in the United States, Canada or the UK.
- Assesses client needs and installs and implements industry-standard legal systems, integrations, and enterprise solutions
- Provides leadership to all members of the team
- Has advanced expertise with deployment methodologies
- Acts as the escalation point for complex situations and creates effective solutions
- Highly proficient with products and features
- Acts as new hire trainer/mentor
- Acts as go-to for go-live off-hours help for internal resources or general technical hurdles
- Performs upgrades to production systems as needed
- Migrates on-premises solutions to the Cloud using REST service via 3rd party tools
- Writes reports to review historical data using SQL and/or cloud-based reporting solutions
- Owns the end-to-end implementation of software products and services. This includes project scoping, planning, development, installation, configuration, deployment, and support.
- Owns client communication process and is responsible for setting client expectations on a project basis.
- Assists with product rollouts by ensuring end users are trained to be fully conversant with the software.
- Responsible for prioritizing and managing own workload to meet client expectations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provide design and architecture expertise for delivering client integrations
- Understand, develop, and implement integrations with a variety of systems including AD, Microsoft SQL Server Systems, flat files, XML files, and APIs on behalf of clients
- Provision Boomi ATOMS and troubleshoot on-prem resource access
- Deliver new integrations as both a technical resource for configuration and a functional resource working closely with client teams
- Perform maintenance activities for our client integrations, including troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Be responsible for the overall integration strategy and rationalization of integrations
- Populate cloud-hosted systems using REST services
- Work closely with clients to roll out new software solutions that contain their data
- Review and resolve complex technical support requests as needed
- Consistently maintains 80-90% of time spent on client-billable projects
- Four-year degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Direct legal/law-firm experience and 5+ years of software implementation in a similar setting
- 5+ years of experience writing Microsoft SQL Server queries with a solid understanding of relational database structure and normalization
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft SQL scripting language
- Expert proficiency in the following technical areas: XML, JQUERY/JSON, REST APIs
- Expert proficiency in the following technical areas: IIS, SSL, XML, JQUERY
- Experience using Sisense reporting tool
- Experience in Aderant or Elite 3E is required.
- Advanced level of knowledge in the legal operations and technical fields
- Successful completion of certification in relevant areas
- Experience with Dell Boomi is a plus
- Experience with Aderant and/or Elite billing is a plus.
- Authorized to work in the US without restriction or sponsorship
Harbor is the preeminent provider of expert services across strategy, legal technology, operations, and intelligence. Our globally integrated team of 800+ strategists, technologists, and specialists navigate alongside our clients – leading law firms, corporations, and their law departments – to provide essential resources and invaluable insights. Anchored in a rich heritage of deep knowledge, steadfast relationships, and mutual respect, our unwavering dedication lies in shaping the future of the legal industry and fostering enduring partnerships within our community and ecosystem.
Harbor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.