JOB TITLE: Senior Level Designer (Missions)
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Designer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Mission Designer to join the team in Brno and help to form the core of a new design group. As far as our games are concerned, Missions are stories the player can experience that combine incredible level design, smart use of mechanics and interesting characters to surprise and delight.
What You Will Do:
- You will document, build, implement, bug-fix and “own” your mission ideas, overseeing them from concept through to final release
- You will create innovative gameplay experiences that immerse the player in the game
- You will cooperate with the entire design team and other departments to maximize use of existing game systems, and support the needs of fellow developers
- You will prototype and pitch your own design ideas to the team
- You will mentor junior designers, helping them improve their design practices
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Passion for developing crafted narrative-driven experiences
- Self-motivated and proactive, always looking to learn and improve
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles in a Level Design or similar position
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Game Design or other related discipline
- Strong design skills, both on paper and in-engine
- Create 3D layouts that leverages Players’ drives to craft an intuitive flow
- Ability to script in Blueprint or similar systems to deliver high-quality experiences, as well as support in the debugging of other people’s work
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work well with team members from multiple other disciplines and in other locations
- Open World level design experience is a plus
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.