Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment.
Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish.
We strive to be a studio where our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
What We Need
As an AI engineer at Hangar 13 you will be working closely with a team to deliver industry leading AI features, including Systems, tools, debugging and implementation.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building industry leading AI Systems
- Working with design teams to deliver amazing gameplay experiences
- Designing AI Architecture and tools to be used by design teams
- Communicating within and across teams
- Providing estimates and showing progress with production
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong C++ skills including best practices, algorithms and patterns
- Working knowledge of basic 3D math
- Obsession with game AI, constantly learning and developing your skill
- Obsession with delivering quality for your partners and customers
- A team player with knowledge of the game dev cycle
- Passion and excitement for making the best game within a budget
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience working with Unreal
- Gameplay experience with Animation
- Have skills in Game design where you can provide feedback and work closely with designers.
- Ability to provide feedback on the workflow and how the team operates
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that Hangar 13 and 2K never use instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.