JOB TITLE: Senior Cinematic Editor
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Cinematic Editor
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented and reliable colleague for the position of a Senior Cinematic Editor who will contribute with his/her technical knowledge, motivation, and skills to create our games. You will influence the creation of next gen cinematic art for AAA projects.
The Senior Cinematic Editor is responsible for processing film sequences based on the screenplay (arranging characters, camera, general composition, lighting and editing). In cooperation with the animators, VFX artists, sound and lighting engineers, s/he provides the project with the final, breath-taking mood and look in the quality close to the biggest blockbusters.
What You Will Do:
- Create cinematics based on screenplay in the 3D game engine from initial prototyping to final polished cinematics
- Set up cameras and actor staging within the scene
- Create atmosphere using lighting and visual effects
- Collaborate with 3D animators, 3D artists and other editors according to the Art Director’s supervision
- Actively keeping up with current cinematography and videogame industry trends and pipelines
- Proactively solve problems
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Demonstrable previous work as a Mid/Senior Cinematic Editor for at least one shipped 1st person/3rd person game
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong audiovisual narrative abilities
- Excellent understanding of film language, cinematography techniques and terminology
- Sense of timing and pacing
- Strong sense of composition, light and color theory
- Experience in directing/editing/camera (film, games, VFX, etc.)
- Knowledge of postproduction tools (Adobe After Effect, Nuke, DaVinci Resolve, etc.)
- Experience with 3D graphics program or game engine (Maya/3ds Max, Blender, Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Constructive (self)critical perspective
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Passion for videogames and storytelling
Nice to Have:
- Experience with modelling, animating, visual effects and/or rendering in a 3D program
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.