JOB TITLE: Senior Animator
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Animator
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented and reliable colleague for production of animations. Animator is responsible for creation of computer animations of characters and objects based on the screenplay of the game and for their resulting quality and functionality in the game. Based on his/her skills and focus, s/he specializes in game animations of characters and objects and in visual effects, and facial animations.
What You Will Do:
- Precise processing of animations in the quality required by the given project
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Search for new solutions and improvements in the process of animation
- Self-education related to animations and keeping track of new trends in the industry
- Working closely with the animation team, the lead animator, cinematic editors, and producer
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Impressive animation reel demonstrating strong animation ability
- Knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques
- Knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- Communicative knowledge of English
- Knowledge of computer games
Nice to Have:
- Experience with motion capture
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …)
- Interest in developing video games
- Personal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Proactive approach
- Willingness to continuously develop his/her skills
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile-long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.