Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We're looking for a senior strategic, growth-oriented Product Marketing leader to accelerate the adoption and growth of Gusto by our Accountant Audience segment. Our accounting firm partners are power users, resellers, and influencers that share our mission to champion small businesses. You will represent our joint efforts to codify and optimize our playbook for acquiring, retaining, and growing our base of Accountants as both customers, and as a channel to win more small business market share. As part of these efforts, you’ll serve as the voice of Revenue and in working with our cross-functional partners to build for the future and prioritize our product roadmap for revenue generating capabilities across Acquisition, Retention, and Expansion. You will also work closely with our GTM teams to experiment and test different Product, Sales & Marketing tactics (e.g. promotion/offer capabilities, targeting, etc.) to launch and enable accountant oriented product and service offerings that not only bring Accountants into the Gusto fold but also their clients to Gusto from around the United States.
Our opportunity is aligned to our accountant customers’ interests. As they thrive and grow, we provide them more value. Working closely with our Accountant Engineering, Product and Design, Data Science, and Revenue teams, you’ll build a strong holistic understanding of our accountant customer’s experience with Gusto, and develop specific insights and initiatives related to acquisition, retention, growth, product and service design.
Here's a sample of what you'll do:
- Strategy and Planning: Work with Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to develop and execute a revenue plan that surpasses monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets.
- Own Holistic Optimization: Work with Data Science and Revenue Operations to identify key points of leverage and accelerate Accountant business results.
- Drive Daily Results: Work closely with our Revenue teams to uncover key pieces of data and insights (from quantitative and qualitative sources) that can help us optimize our approach, process, and/or offering to better match prospect’s needs and intent.
- Lead the Product Marketing Practice for Accountants: Operates at the highest strategic product marketing level, driving segment and cross-segment priorities with a forward looking orientation, supported by research, data analysis, enabled by big picture thinking.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 15+ year track record of success driving top-line growth via a variety of initiatives and teams, growth strategies and programs of significant scale (e.g. >$100M in annual revenue), and launching and scaling products or markets
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Mastery of influence with or without authority, led by data -- a cross-functional champ
- Comfort in reporting up, out, across to any level
- Decisiveness and proactive communication
- Detail orientation (program management a plus)
- Prior experience working across online sales and marketing to drive revenue goals
- Strategic thinking combined with a “roll up the sleeves” doer attitude
- Experience in new and emerging business is a plus
- Strong product marketing chops, and an ability to apply that strategic thinking to revenue driving activities
- Experience with HR and/or FinTech is a plus
- An influencer that can work well with various groups and levels of the organization, particularly CRO, COO and CFO
- Passionate about Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Our base salary cash compensation range for this role is $178,000 to $225,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. Gusto is a people platform for businesses who care about their people. Our products and services help small and medium business owners onboard, pay, insure, and engage their teams, in one integrated, easy-to-use platform loved by over 200,000 modern employers. Gusto makes taking care of teams a joyful experience, while helping owners manage their bottom line and stay compliant. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Generation Investment Management, T. Rowe Price, and Fidelity.
Gusto has built the first modern, all-in-one people platform, bringing together Payroll, Benefits, HR and Employee Onboarding under one roof. We provide a full-service solution including software, expert support, and a variety of business services under one room, designed around our customers. Gusto is growing faster than any other company in its space. In 10 years, we’ve grown to more than 5% of all employers in the US.