We’re looking for a senior Customer Success leader to accelerate our efforts to drive adoption and retention with our 200,000 small business customers. We pride ourselves as offering a best-in-class customer experience. To make our customers successful, we approach them with empathy, make their journey easy, and provide essential value in the moments that matter throughout their lifecycle.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Our Customer Success team is deeply passionate about our customers, and meeting their needs during key moments of their lifecycle.
In this role, you will leverage data to deeply understand our customers needs - and proactively reach out to customers with the right message at the right moment. You will also partner cross-functionally to drive adoption and expansion motions that yield outcomes that benefit both our customers and Gusto.
The ideal candidate for this role is both strategic and data-minded. You are data-driven and lean into experimentation to drive good outcomes for our customers and Gusto at scale. You are also creative in exploring new ways to support our growing customer base.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead strategic direction for Gusto’s growing Customer Success team
- Build out a data-backed, proactive customer success capability to maximize adoption and retention of our customers at key moments throughout the customer lifecycle
- Foster a culture of engagement and excitement to bring out customer driven results where Gusties feel empowered to put customers first, and develop their careers within the organization.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence partners to drive adoption and retention outcomes
- Solicit regular internal and external customer feedback to lead continuous improvements to the customer experience
- Empower a team of managers, and individual contributors
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 12+ years minimum of people management experience in Customer Success, CX or Sales
- 8+ years leading other managers, setting strategic vision, and empowering high-performance teams
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer outcomes through data insights and experimentation
- Ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across multiple business units and functions
- Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis
- Experience with SMBs, fintech a plus
- Background in a customer-facing role: Customer Experience, Customer Success, Sales
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $119,000 - $190,000 in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.