GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Director, People & Culture (Human Resources) for GumGum’s JAPAC region will lead HR initiatives across the JAPAC region which includes Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Japan. The successful candidate will bring HR business partner expertise in the areas of organizational design, talent planning, employee engagement and retention. They will serve as an advisor and consultant to Senior Leadership on People related issues and as a Leader on the People team. And will play a key role in aligning JAPAC HR goals and initiatives to the JAPAC business strategy(s) and global People (HR) team strategy.
Operating within a matrixed environment, the Director, People & Culture will directly manage regional People (HR) team members and will work cross functionally with HR leadership and team members at GumGum’s U.S.-based headquarters. Key areas of responsibility will include HR business partnership, HR operations, employee experience & engagement, diversity & inclusion, and talent acquisition. This leader plays a key role in fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture, implementing effective HR policies, and supporting the company's growth objectives.
Additionally, this person maintains an effective level of business knowledge, its financial measures, culture and competition. This role reports to the Global Chief People Officer and is part of the People leadership team.
Must live within commutable distance to our office in Sydney’s city center and be willing to work in the office 2 - 3+ days per week and as needed with the other days working remotely from home.
What You'll Achieve
- Strategic HR Leadership and HR Business Partnering:
- Develop and execute HR strategies aligned with the company's business objectives and aligned with the global HR strategy.
- Provide consultative, strategic guidance to senior management on organizational and talent issues to move the business forward.
- Provide guidance and input on organizational design, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning
- Draft and edit job descriptions, advise on compensation, and collaborate with talent acquisition and hiring managers on interviewing and advising on selection
- Conduct regular, pro-active meetings with employees, managers and leaders to develop, assess, and anticipate People related needs.
- Talent Acquisition and Management:
- While not directly responsible for recruitment, oversee the recruitment process for the JAPAC region to ensure the acquisition of top talent to meet business needs.
- Implement effective onboarding programs to integrate new hires seamlessly into the organization.
- Develop and implement talent management strategies to identify, nurture, and retain key employees.
- Employee Relations:
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment by promoting diversity and equality.
- Address employee concerns and grievances while maintaining a fair and transparent resolution process.
- Promote effective communication channels to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations when needed
- Counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, escalating issues as appropriate
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of employment law matters related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Consult with external employment law attorneys as needed/required.
- Performance Management:
- Lead the management and implementation of GumGum’s quarterly and annual performance feedback processes.
- Provide guidance on performance evaluations, career development, and goal setting.
- Compliance and Policies:
- Ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations in the JAPAC region.
- Develop and update HR policies to align with evolving legal standards and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with the People Operations team at headquarters to ensure policies are globally consistent and localized where necessary.
- Manage HR compliance training rollout for the JAPAC region.
- Benefits Administration:
- Partner with the People Operations team at headquarters on the design and administration of JAPAC benefits & perks programs.
- Collaborate with external vendors to ensure competitive and attractive benefit offerings.
- HR Analytics:
- Utilize HR analytics to track key metrics and provide insights for data-driven decision-making.
- Bring people (HR) insights to the attention of leadership to make informed decisions.
- Employee Engagement, Development & Retention:
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Ensure the Employee Experience & Engagement Associate is operating strategically and planning engagement activities that are well rounded, aligned with values and goals, and within budget.
- Management & Leadership:
- Manage the JAPAC People team (currently 2 others)
- Contribute to global and regional HR strategic planning & prioritization
- Serve as a leader within the global people team; collaborate with regional counterparts as needed
Skills You'll Bring
- Degree qualified in Commerce (HR Management), Psychology or equivalent experience
- Master’s or MBA degree in a related field is a plus
- At least 8 years' relevant HR experience
- Hands-on experience and working knowledge across multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Significant experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Experience with learning the fundamentals of the business across products, operations, financials, etc.
- Experience supervising or managing small teams either within HR or within a business
- Experience working within a global organization with U.S. headquarters is a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Seasoned consulting skills and advanced negotiator with all levels of the organization
- Ability to link best in class people solutions to commercial outcomes
- Experienced workshop facilitator
- Strong experience and knowledge with Change Management and communication planning; has drafted and deployed communication & change management plans previously
- Detailed understanding of organizational design and workforce planning
- Ability to develop thorough talent planning and management solutions
- Advanced understanding of employee engagement and retention strategies
- Interest and acumen in understanding business concepts and models
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Excellent judgment and self awareness
- Is a credible business activist and can build and maintain effective business relationships
- Brings a point of view about the business and challenge assumptions and take initiative
- Exercises a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Brings a growth mindset to one's own work and instill this in others
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum