GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Digital Director role is an individual contributor responsible for prospecting and closing sales in GumGum’s Market Leading Contextual Advertising platform. Reporting to the Group Digital Director, this role is responsible for developing key relationships within large and mid-size agencies with occasional managerial guidance on client calls. We require this role to work relatively autonomously while being supported by a cross-functional pre-sales team.
Digital Directors have experience and deep knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have at least 5+ years of digital media experience. The Digital Director uses existing processes to solve a variety of challenging problems to deliver for clients. The role is required to apply independent judgment and discretion to select appropriate options from GumGum’s defined and proven products.
And finally, as we thrive to get the best out of our teams, we also get to celebrate successes together with our teams and with our partners. So we will be having lots of moments to hang out together and have fun.
Note: GumGum fosters a flexible work environment, offering GumGummers the ability to work either in-office or remotely/from home. However, for occasional in-person collaboration, we kindly ask that this position be located within a 'commutable' distance to our office.
What You'll Achieve
- Drive revenue for UK agencies - Responsible for a book of business, driving revenue and new business across large to mid-sized agencies in the UK
- Upsell Current Clients in Current and New Products - Provide market insight into the GumGum offerings by generating sales specifically from key brands and agencies
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and out of the box sales solutions
- Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with an Account Manager, Client Strategists, Programmatic Solutions Manager, and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations
Skills You'll Bring
- Ideally 5+ years of selling experience in digital advertising sales
- Experience managing a large book of business
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets demonstrated with a list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Programmatic experience preferred
- Strategic relationships across multiple holding companies
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Looking for someone who is eager, motivated and passionate about GumGum’s products
- Extraverted in nature and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Proactive not reactive in approach with a strategic mindset
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and welcoming of change and innovation
- Continue to grow and embrace both GumGum and industry knowledge
- Must be a highly motivated team player
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum