GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The VP of Product Marketing will lead GumGum Inc.’s product go-to-market strategy across its media & data businesses. This highly experienced leader will bring their track record of success in bringing global consistency in process, methodology, and speed in execution of our product roadmaps. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the VP of Product Marketing will support ongoing business transformation efforts and refocus on priorities and become an expert at change management.
This role will own the strategy, roadmap, positioning and launch of a growing portfolio of products, integrations and partnerships for two lines of business, GumGum media and our proprietary data businesses, Verity and PXYZ AIP. They will lead and drive pricing, programming and packaging to sell through across the buyer journey. This is a highly cross-functional role with exposure to multiple stakeholders across the globe, working closely with Product, Marketing, Sales and Strategy Leadership to offer understanding and clear positioning to ensure commercial success of every launch.
The Vice President role is a player and coach who will develop a product marketing team that provides clear product positioning and messaging globally, helping to create platform-level and feature-specific narratives and value propositions across our business lines. The successful candidate is comfortable with white space and has the ability to break down complex problems into an actionable path forward with cross-functional communications and consensus-building throughout the go-to-market phases.
Note: GumGum fosters a flexible work environment, offering GumGummers the ability to work either in-office or remotely/from home. However, for occasional in-person collaboration, we kindly ask that this position be located within a 'commutable' distance to our office.
What You'll Achieve
- Lead & Develop Product Marketing Strategy
- Create a world-class product marketing strategy to drive adoption of our entire product suite, and craft messaging that resonates with our target audience to accelerate the buying journey
- Advance customer-centricity, promoting continuous external evaluation, questioning of the status quo, and constant learning and improvement
- Apply cross-functional skills to work across any internal scenario to drive results, build processes for cross-functional collaboration with sales, product, and customer success
- Own research and insights on the market landscape, competitive set and customer needs to inform product roadmap and product positioning.
- Identify the unmet needs across our media and data solutions through an audience segmentation model driven by a feedback loop between product / marketing / sales to translate into actionable solutions.
- Create highly differentiated go-to-market strategy with key stakeholders to strengthen our leadership across our media and data offerings and audiences
- Further establish value and trust for the product marketing function; specifically with product, sales and extended cross-functional marketing teams
- Own win/loss analysis to accelerate product advancements and buyer journey understanding.
- Partner with the solutions marketing team in the development of effective sales enablement and marketing enablement strategies, tools, and tactics to empower the Marketing and Sales teams to drive sales, activations, usage and advocacy of products in the market.
- Represent marketing in a cross-functional strategic capacity with the Sales, Product, and Strategy teams
- Work with key stakeholders across lines of business, product, marketing to set the strategic vision and guidance around a multi-year roadmap while directing day-to-day execution towards that vision.
- Work with Solutions Marketing to apply needs with target markets and revenue opportunities and work with Product to prioritize significant revenue streams.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure GTM process is clearly understood, goals set and milestones met across stages.
- Lead a team of talented, driven, global marketers; developing their professional skillset and empowering them to contribute at their highest capability
- Cultivate an inclusive and supportive team culture that exemplifies strong collaboration and executive across the organization
- Empower the product marketing team to win - clearly articulate goals for success and provide resources and air cover to execute against those goals
- Set clear priorities, and inspire and coach your team to achieve extraordinary results.
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience
- 15+ years of experience within Product Marketing, data and digital media
- Demonstrated experience as a leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people, and link performance to overall business objectives
- Deep leadership experience in simultaneously leading high-performance teams and coordinating with senior executives and other stakeholders to accomplish complex goals.
- Experience with determining product-market fit and delivering products to market
- Proven experience launching new products and growing to a mature business
- Proven ability to implement metrics-driven, process-based best practices and methodologies that result in scalable success. Brings an analytical approach, creating and successfully executing against an action-oriented strategy
- Strength in cross functional partnership in order to accelerate the roadmap to get to the ideal state for GTM (i.e., collaboration with data and product teams)
- Strong preference for relevant domain knowledge including Fortune 1000 brands and their advertising agencies and well as ad-tech
- A highly developed Project Management capability that relies on well-executed organization and a strong influencing ability
- Ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product, engineering and other departments
- The ability to execute engaging and educational presentations
- Self starter, able to operate autonomously and influence across the business, innovative, creative individual
- High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($227,000 - $255,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum