GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Sales Manager is an individual contributor role responsible for prospecting and closing sales in GumGum’s Market Leading Advertising platform. Reporting to the Head Of Sales, JP, this role is responsible for leading and developing key relationships and strategy across domestic agencies, international agencies, and advertisers. We expect the Sales Manager to drive value for our clients through GumGum products & have extensive contacts within those key agencies.
The Sales Manager is a self motivated leader who can work with internal teams and is committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region.
Note: GumGum fosters a flexible work environment, offering GumGummers the ability to work either in-office or remotely/from home. However, for occasional in-person collaboration, we kindly ask that this position be located within a 'commutable' distance to our office.
What You'll Achieve
- Strategic Sales - Work with the Head Of Sales in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- Drive Revenue in the Japanese Market - Responsible for the agency & brand direct business in our JP region. ie.
- Sales Prospecting, Hunting and Farming - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including presentations, RFP’s, innovative sales solutions, and mid-term / long-term partnership development.
- Relationship Development - Cultivate, maintain and grow relationships with agency / brand contacts to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Operation Team - Provide thorough and prompt feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with designated Account Manager(s) and other internal team member(s) to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations in a timely manner.
- Collaboration with international teams at GumGum - Proactively reach out to our colleagues in other regions at GumGum to gain understanding/insights of shared international advertisers, agencies and DSPs, and explore opportunities to import / export best practices with each other.
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising or a related field.
- 5+ years of sales experience in digital advertising; ad tech solutions experience a plus.
- Experience managing a large book of business (XM+)
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets demonstrated with a list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Demonstrated success selling to brand advertisers and agencies in Japan. The ideal candidate will also have relationships with major agencies, advertisers, publishers, ad tech companies, and programmatic media trading desks in Japan is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of digital advertising and business models.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Ability to articulate GumGum’s value proposition and vision in a compelling fashion.
- Excellent written, oral, and PPT communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as, Salesforce is a plus.
- Quick at problem solving internally and externally while managing stakeholders through the process.
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Applies analytical skills to interpret data and uses independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to a variety of work problems.
- Has work experience using both Japanese and English.
- Looking for someone who is hungry and motivated and passionate about our product
- Outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Proactive not reactive in approach
- Sense of urgency in everything they do
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and adapts to change and innovation
- Creative and think outside the box and be strategic
- Continue to grow both GumGum and industry knowledge
- Must be a highly motivated team player
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum