Guide the vision for storytelling as the world of Horizon evolves into the multiplayer space.
Our writing team
Our writers are driven to push the boundaries of storytelling in multiplayer games. We want players to feel hooked by our characters, enjoy sharp dialogue, and savor joint adventures long after they put down the controller. To accomplish these goals, we collaborate closely with designers, artists, animators, actors and technicians throughout the studio, and beyond.
What you will do
As a Narrative Director, we will look to you to:
- Partner with project directors and studio creative leadership to establish, maintain, and communicate the narrative vision for the game.
- Create, assess, and improve high-level narrative designs for gameplay features and modes.
- Embrace and evangelize the overall vision for the Horizon IP as it pertains to the online project.
- Guide a diverse team of writers in the creation of a multitude of new characters and stories.
- Support teams in our studio with their narrative needs while advocating for the game’s emotional arc.
- Lead by example in an evolving AAA studio environment.
Who you are
To be considered as a candidate for this role, we expect you to:
- Have repeatedly proven your ability to lead narrative efforts on large, complex game projects from inception to commercial launch.
- Have concrete examples of how you've innovated in story development and narrative design.
- Leverage your background in dramatic writing and story structure in your work.
- Function as an enthusiastic, inspirational leader to your team, peers and those beyond your discipline.
- Be versed in all aspects of the story design process, including ideation, writing, revision, editing, responding to multiple sources of feedback, and self-critique.
- Possess extensive knowledge of stories and narrative design in open-world RPG games, online games, and MMORPGs.
- Be ready to share samples of your work upon request.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV and cover letter.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
In your cover letter, please include your reason for applying at Guerrilla, your background and how you became a writer/narrative designer, and briefly describe the proven methods you rely on to create great stories.
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths, and perspectives they will bring to the role.