We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our game studio. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative machine learning models that will aid our artists in their workflow and elevate the overall game experience. From the early conception and prototyping stage all the way to integration in production-ready tools and our game engine.
What you will do
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Guerrilla, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including game designers, artists, and programmers, to identify areas where machine learning can improve content creation pipelines and final game quality.
- Design and develop machine learning models that optimize content generation processes such as facial and skeletal animation, 3D and 2D art, music and other audio.
- Preprocess and transform large amounts of data, extracting meaningful features to improve the accuracy and efficiency of machine learning models.
- Integrate machine learning models into artists tools and pipelines.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of deployed machine learning models and iterate on them to achieve better results.
- Optimize machine learning model inference for real-time evaluation on PlayStation systems.
- Collaborate with other PlayStation studios, technology and research teams to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in machine learning.
Who you are
This role would suit an experienced games industry programmer with a background passion for in machine learning, or an accomplished machine learning (research) engineer with a strong understanding of 3D math/geometry. Core skills include:
- You have a professional or academic background in Machine Learning, along with practical experience in implementing novel deep learning and generative models.
- You possess strong 3D math and geometry skills typically used in game technology.
- You are an excellent collaborator with great interpersonal skills, enabling you to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- You have extensive experience with Python.
- You have experience with relevant libraries for machine learning such as PyTorch or Tensorflow, and other libraries typically used for data preprocessing and visualization.
- You are passionate about games and creating games.
- Knowledge of C++
- Experience with game engine architectures (e.g., Unity, Unreal Engine)
A full-time position in a dynamic and exciting work environment, with excellent primary and secondary benefits and relocation (if required). You’ll get to work with some of the world’s most talented game developers, in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam!
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and if available, a link to a sample of your code showcasing your machine learning expertise or relevant projects.
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths and perspectives they will bring to the role.