Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €350 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for a Credit Risk Analyst Team Lead to join our talented Risk team in Berlin.
As a Credit Risk Analyst Team Lead, you will:
- Lead the Credit Risk Analysis team
- Drive credit policy design
- Support the development and implementation of underwriting strategies including affordability, defaults, and collections
- Provide documentation support across the Credit Risk function
- Work together with with Data Scientists to review performance of our ML models
- Work together with Data Scientists to analyze transactions and fraud patterns and drive changes in our decision making process
- Work together with our Fraud Analyst and continuously review trends and rules
- Be responsible for back-testing
- Mentor others as needed to democratize the use of data within the company
- Prepare risk reporting and regular management reports
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Credit Risk Analyst Team Lead with:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, business analytics (or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years of experience in consumer lending and risk management experience in a bank/financial services
- Willingness to take a modern approach to Credit Risk Management
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience with communicating data driven insights
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with either Python (numpy, scipy, pandas) or R programming languages is a plus
- Familiarity with DBT is a plus
- Experience with creating reports using tools like Tableau is a plus