Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €30 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our talented Payments squad, as we grow and scale internationally.
Finance tech team & mission:
Our Finance tech team is composed of 1 Product Manager, 4 Software Engineers and 1 Engineering Manager. You will build our in-house subscription management and billing platform.
Our Software Engineers often describe the projects as complex - but fun. We offer a great engineering culture: our team is still small, we value creativity and knowledge, and we don't take anything for granted!
You can work from our HQ in Berlin, or remotely.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop new features working with cross-functional squads, within a distributed team
- Use creative thinking - we are building most of our features from scratch and our product is unique (no competition!)
- Create new services and APIs
- Use your expertise to scale our architecture
- Solve complex, but fun, technical challenges
- Share your knowledge introducing new frameworks and languages to the team
- Have space for ownership and to implement your ideas
- Participate in the creation of our engineering culture, build frameworks for our engineering processes
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
You like our tech stack:
- Node.js (NestJS, TypeScript) for our services
- Ruby (Rails) for our eCommerce application
- Data: Postgres, ElasticSearch and Mongo / DocumentDB
- GraphQL and REST APIs
- Messaging: Kafka (Confluent)
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform to maintain our AWS infrastructure (Microservices - ECS with EC2 and Fargate, as well as serverless with API Gateway and Lambda)
We are looking for a passionate teammate with:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in complex environments
- Background building high-scalable applications
- Experience working with a service-oriented environment with different system integrations
- Experience in distributed systems environment using Kafka
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience with infrastructures using Docker, Terraform and AWS
- Fintech, or Retail experience (a strong plus)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.