MORE TOMORROW NOW.
Grover’s vision is for more people to get the best out of life – with flexible, affordable access to the tech they want. Our monthly tech rental subscription model is a more sustainable way to use tech – as part of the circular economy.
Grover is growing. Fast. In 5 years, we’ve gone from a small startup based in a Berlin apartment to a team of 200+ people, offering flexible tech rental across Germany, Austria, Spain and The Netherlands. And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access tech – for them to get more tomorrow now.
Tomorrow’s tech lets us achieve extraordinary things, to experience deeper, work smarter, play harder and live better. So if you want to join us on our mission to get tech into more people’s hands in a simple, smart, sustainable way, we’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our talented Operations team as we grow and scale internationally.
Operations tech team & mission:
Our Operations tech team is composed of 2 Product Managers, 5 Software Engineers and 1 Engineering Manager. You will prepare us to scale internationally and integrate with additional 3PLs (third-party logistics), shipping providers, and warehouse management systems.
Our Software Engineers often describe the projects as complex but fun. We offer a great engineering culture: our team is still small, we value creativity and knowledge, and we don't take anything for granted!
You can work from our HQ in Berlin, or remotely.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop new features working with cross-functional squads, within a distributed team
- Use creative thinking - we are building most of our features from scratch and our product is unique (no competition!)
- Create new services and APIs
- Use your expertise to scale our architecture
- Solve complex, but fun, technical challenges
- Share your knowledge introducing new frameworks and languages to the team
- Have space for ownership and to implement your ideas
- Participate in the creation of our engineering culture, build frameworks for our engineering processes
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
...and you like our tech stack:
- Node.js (NestJS, TypeScript) for our services
- Ruby (Rails) for our eCommerce application
- Data: Postgres, ElasticSearch and Mongo / DocumentDB
- GraphQL and REST APIs
- Messaging: Kafka (Confluent)
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform to maintain our AWS infrastructure (Microservices - ECS with EC2 and Fargate, as well as serverless with API Gateway and Lambda)
We are looking for a passionate teammate with:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in complex environments
- Background building high-scalable applications
- Experience working with a service-oriented environment with different system integrations
- Experience in distributed systems environment using Kafka
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience with infrastructures using Docker, Terraform and AWS
- FinRetail experience is a strong plus