Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for a DevOps Lead to join our talented Engineering team.
As a DevOps Lead, you will:
- Drive the initiative to scale-up our engineering department and our system performance
- Communicate with cross-functional teams (software engineers, product, QA, CTO) to support technical decisions and lead their implementation
- Manage and improve our highly demanding platform with the latest technologies like containers, serverless computing, Kafka, Postgres, AWS, and much more
- Improve our monitoring platforms and use this data as a source for further optimization of our backend
- Co-designing our cloud infrastructure with our DevOps Engineer
- Facilitate distributed ownership of CI/CD pipelines
- Be able to troubleshoot errors in apps developed across the company like detecting performance bottlenecks, race conditions, and others
- Be comfortable developing solutions that support the development teams like a scalable notification system that can send email and SMS to customers with a single centralized API covered with tests and builds done by CI.
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate DevOps Lead with:
- Experience building high-scalable applications and working in a service-oriented environment
- A strong background in Unix/Linux environments, dealing with highly demanding performance monitoring
- A background in backend engineering, on Python, Rust, or Go
- In-depth experience with AWS and cloud architecture
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Fargate, ECS.
- Good experience with Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, or Chef
- Good experience w/ Jenkins, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of search engines, Lucene and Elasticsearch
- Experience in distributed systems environment using Kafka and Zookeeper
- Assertive communication skills for effective collaboration between engineering, product, and operations
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.