MORE TOMORROW NOW.
Grover’s vision is for more people to get the best out of life – with flexible, affordable access to the tech they want. Our monthly tech rental subscription model is a more sustainable way to use tech – as part of the circular economy.
Grover is growing. Fast. In 5 years, we’ve gone from a small startup based in a Berlin apartment to a team of 200+ people, offering flexible tech rental across Germany, Austria, Spain and The Netherlands. And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access tech – for them to get more tomorrow now.
Tomorrow’s tech lets us achieve extraordinary things, to experience deeper, work smarter, play harder and live better. So if you want to join us on our mission to get tech into more people’s hands in a simple, smart, sustainable way, we’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a DevOps Lead to join our talented Engineering team.
As a DevOps Lead, you will:
- Drive the initiative to scale-up our engineering department and our system performance
- Communicate with cross-functional teams (software engineers, product, QA, CTO) to support technical decisions and lead their implementation
- Manage and improve our highly demanding platform with the latest technologies like containers, serverless computing, Kafka, Postgres, AWS, and much more
- Improve our monitoring platforms and use this data as a source for further optimization of our backend
- Co-designing our cloud infrastructure with our DevOps Engineer
- Facilitate distributed ownership of CI/CD pipelines
- Be able to troubleshoot errors in apps developed across the company like detecting performance bottlenecks, race conditions, and others
- Be comfortable developing solutions that support the development teams like a scalable notification system that can send email and SMS to customers with a single centralized API covered with tests and builds done by CI.
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate DevOps Lead with:
- Experience building high-scalable applications and working in a service-oriented environment
- A strong background in Unix/Linux environments, dealing with highly demanding performance monitoring
- A background in backend engineering, on Python, Rust, or Go
- In-depth experience with AWS and cloud architecture
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Fargate, ECS.
- Good experience with Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, or Chef
- Good experience w/ Jenkins, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of search engines, Lucene and Elasticsearch
- Experience in distributed systems environment using Kafka and Zookeeper
- Assertive communication skills for effective collaboration between engineering, product, and operations