Open to rethinking things at Grover?
Grover is the new choice for renting or financing tech products. We offer a simple, monthly subscription model for the tech you love. We’re the first financing company whose main focus is the circular economy, breaking the barrier between ownership and usage: rethinking things. For a small monthly fee, private customers, as well as businesses, get access to a wide assortment of tech products at a fraction of the purchase price.
We're on a mission to reinvent consumption and to make innovative technology accessible to everyone. As a member of the CE100 group of leading companies in the circular economy worldwide, we’re at the forefront of reducing e-waste and establishing a more sustainable way of using products. To date, we’ve raised over €300 million in equity and debt financing from investors including Samsung, Commerzbank, and Global Founders Capital. LinkedIn ranked Grover as one of the top 10 hottest startups to work for in Germany in 2019 and 2020.
We are looking for a Sr. Category Manager to join our talented Commercial team.
As a Sr. Category Manager, you will:
- Lead category management projects and mentor/manage junior colleagues
- Be responsible for one or more high profile categories and tasked with delivering and implementing a strategy for growth by building the most pertinent assortment of products, across all our markets
- Launch new categories and new markets
- Drive marketing campaigns in collaboration with the growth and pricing teams
- Drive development of tools for the category management team and features that positively impact the shopping experience for our customers
- Maintain your portfolio of products (expansion, demand and supply reviews, merchandising, product performance review)
- Help in establishing plans that will be presented to the top management on the strategic decisions you make (price targets for your category, marketing strategy, product selection, new releases)
- Lead analysis for your category(ies), including promotional strategy, scenario analyses, investment business cases, price changes, and innovation projects
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Category Manager with:
- Background in Economics, Business (MBA) or similar
- 3-5 years’ experience in an analytical role such as category management, BI, consulting or similar
- Proficiency in MS Office/G-Suite and experience using BI tools (tableau, powerBI...)
- Fluency in English (German is a plus and other European languages appreciated)
- Quick learning capabilities and a proven track record of problem-solving as an owner, taking on entrepreneurial challenges and simplifying the complex
- A tech-savvy approach and you love consumer electronics!
- Great organization and planning skills as well as the ability to manage cross-functional category projects both within and outside the company
- Highly numerate and strategic thinking and capacity to analyse market, category and financial data to identify key trends and recommend creative solutions
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 40 nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.