What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr’s Principal Product Manager, Subscriptions will sit on our Revenue squad and will own the roadmap for Grindr's subscription products. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to design Grindr's premium user experience, and guide its paid feature set. You'll also get to set the strategy for its positioning, pricing, and marketing, as well manage the customer journey from free user to subscriber. In your work as a Principal PM, you’ll lead a team of talented devs, engineers, and design talent. This leadership position calls on a unique mix of tactical and strategic thinking, consumer insights and data analytics skills, and passion for deploying transformational products across a business. Most importantly, your work on subscription products directly enables Grindr's growth as a company and evolution as a product.
What’s the job?
- Partner closely with designers and engineers to plan, develop, and launch anti-abuse products with elegant user-centric experiences
- Utilize experiment-driven analysis and metrics to plan, launch, and evaluate projects
- Ideate, validate, elaborate, execute, ship, measure, repeat
- Become an expert in the dating business, LGBTQ community, and social/communication technologies
- Listen to the people who use the app, the people who don’t, stakeholders, and teammates. Then absorb and incorporate into your thinking, process, and roadmap
- Collaborate through excellent verbal and written communication, product requirements, user stories, Slack emojis, and documentation
- Prioritize and orchestrate projects through agile development
What we’ll love about you
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Manager on web or mobile apps in the consumer product space with prior experience leading major initiatives or teams through successful launches
- Managing mobile subscription products, and the customer journey through them
- You have a talent for creating structure from ambiguity and operating with intent while looking for opportunities. You turn empathy into action for our enthusiastic queer user base. You know how to turn your vision into strategy through your curiosity, grit, compassion, and data-driven decisions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills with the ability to define and communicate the ‘big picture’ to key stakeholders at various levels
- Demonstrated ownership of successful products throughout the product lifecycle
- Proven experience leading and driving projects with cross-functional colleagues using iterative development methodologies and A/B testing best practices
- Excellent analytical skills, comfort working with data and data tools, knowing which questions to ask and how to find the answers
- Working knowledge of user interface design practices and user testing. Experience collaborating with engineering to drive delivery and adapt to technical constraints without comprising user needs. Will have experience partnering with Marketing to successfully launch programs
- Experience fostering a diverse workplace and ensuring that your team’s voices are heard and valued
- Ability to structure, clarify and break down problems. Proven experience to concurrently lead multiple strategic and tactical initiatives
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Fluency with releasing apps & updates on iOS and Android platforms
- Prior managing, pricing, and positioning subscription services
- Familiarity with mobile stores, and their respective consoles like App Store Connect
- Experience with global products across different markets, cultures, and languages
- Strong design aesthetic with an understanding of what makes a strong user experience
- Experience partnering with user researchers and working with qualitative data
- Fluency in Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Testflight, spreadsheets, whiteboards, post-its, IRC
- Experience with dating, social, communication, or chat apps/services
- Experience on growth-focused teams driven by experimentation and rapid iteration
- Experience with global markets, products, and users preferred
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, San Francisco, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and up to 90% cost coverage for gender-affirming care
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.