What’s so interesting about this role?
As a Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll play a key role in transforming how we relate to our users through the web. You’ll collaborate with a diverse, skilled, and welcoming team on a new mobile web offering, a transformation of our Grindr website, and vital internal systems that enable Grindr to bring the queer world together.
You’ll work directly with the team’s Software Development Manager and closely with our VP of Engineering. Our team welcomes collaboration cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, and product. We’re encouraged to experiment and prototype in pursuit of visually engaging, highly intuitive, secure, and reliable experiences for our users.
What’s the job?
- Architecting, developing, and delivering websites & applications that work across devices
- Scaling applications for Grindr’s extensive user base through optimized architectures and efficient code
- Building security and accessibility into everything we build. Millions of users trust us to protect their privacy every day
- Advocating for best-in-class technology solutions for content management and editorial workflows
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Actively participating in the team’s Scrum ceremonies and supportive, positive culture. Approaching code reviews with empathy and an eye toward learning
- Sharing knowledge with your teammates and actively learning from each other
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across the business
What we'll love about you
- 3+ years of experience with a modern front-end framework such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience with modern back-end programming languages such as Java, Kotlin, Nodejs, Python, or Go
- Experience with cloud-native development on AWS or GCP
- A solid understanding of how to write performant, maintainable code
- A comprehensive understanding of database fundamentals and experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to work independently and to communicate with individuals at all levels
- Eagerness to learn, grow, and take on new challenges with our support and encouragement
We'll really swoon if you have
- Experience working remotely as a member of a software team that spans international borders and time zones
- A grasp of modern web design fundamentals to help us bring our designers’ creations to life
- An understanding of UX fundamentals to identify gaps in our designs & implementation
- Experience building Android/iOS applications in Java, Kotlin, or Swift
What you'll love about us
- Global impact. Grindr is the world-leading LGTBQ+ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGTBQ+ people around the world.
- High Growth. Like the company itself, this role offers significant room for growth and development
- Remote First: We have offices in LA, NYC, SF, Chicago, Toronto, and Taipei, though the company is set up not just as remote-friendly, but remote-first. More than 30% of our employees work outside the cities where we have offices. Today, we are set up to hire easily in the US, Canada, and Taiwan. If you live outside one of these countries, just let us know so we can make sure we can support you.
- Comp: Industry competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation policy
- Family insurance: We provide great insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and your family.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401(k) plan
- Other Perks: home-office stipend, many company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact on our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer