Job Title: Product Manager – Indoor Cleaning- Vacuums
Title of Supervisor: Director Product Management
Job Location: Mooresville, NC
Company Website: www.greenworkstools.com
Be part of a more sustainable future with Greenworks Tools. We’re looking for dynamic leaders who are excited and eager to help us bring cutting-edge green technology to the marketplace.
Greenworks Tools is the leader in battery-powered outdoor power tools for DIY consumers and landscaping professionals. Our company distributes Greenworks-branded and private label products, as well as products for an extensive network of original equipment manufacturers. With a robust lineup of Greenworks-branded products including 24V, 40V, 60V, 80V, and commercial-grade 82V battery-powered cordless outdoor power tools, a full line of corded equipment, and reel mowers, Greenworks Tools offers the right tool for every job.
Utilizing best-in-class battery, control, and drive technologies, Greenworks Tools deliver the power and performance of comparable gas-powered tools without the mess, noxious fumes, pollution, vibration, and noise associated with gas products.
You are the global product leader at the intersection of business, technology, and user experience (UX). Your role spans many activities from strategic to tactical and provides important cross-functional leadership — most notably between our engineering, marketing, sales, and support teams. The role includes managing a series of cordless products throughout the entire product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining our product lines to deliver best-in-class winning products. You continuously analyze market and competitive conditions, laying out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands. You also ensure that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategic goals.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the product throughout the product life cycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with, engineering and operations to deliver best in class products - in addition to working closely with customers, sales, and marketing to ensure customer needs are met
- Determine customers' needs and gaps by conducting qualitative and quantitative VOC research: Including but not limited to observational, end user, tactical, online, reviews
- Develop new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and marketing
- Develop compelling feature/benefit stories for each product
- Develop go to market strategies with sales and marketing
- Responsible to achieve objectives as they relate to agreed-upon time-to-market, customer expectations, target cost, margin, and profit objectives
- Perform line management and rationalization to insure product vitality
- Develop training materials and conduct product demonstrations for sales enablement
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching innovative products with the Consumer Goods industry
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrable skills of the following: Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent teamwork and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
This role may have future management responsibilities for direct reports
This position is located at Greenworks’ US headquarters in Mooresville, NC.
This position requires up to 5-10% travel, primarily domestic, but also international
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Management, Marketing, Communications)
- 2-3 years related work experience
Greenworks Tools is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.