Grafana Labs is looking for a Education Architect who is passionate about driving successful business outcomes for our customers in the observability space. You will sit within Grafana’s Professional Services department and rive enablement of each of our Grafana Products, both virtually, as well as through recordings and onsite (as needed). You influence customer adoption that help realize customer business objectives. You will build processes and tooling for training and enablement to ensure we are scaling our business effectively, standardizing our training assets, and continuously improving our delivery.
This position will also have a large role in shaping how customer training is scoped and delivered at Grafana Labs. You will be invaluable as the voice of the customer for our curriculum developers, as well as a contributor to the Sales team, the Customer Success Managers (CSM’s), and the rest of Grafana Labs.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced trainer or solutions engineer/architect with a background in observability/monitoring or a related technology space. You will need to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy continuously learning and teaching.
- Work with customers to define and scope their training needs
- Deliver online and in-person sessions on the entire Grafana stack of technologies. You will also assist our curriculum development team with reviewing educational materials and our Professional Services team in building the right sandbox environments for our customers to learn in.
- Plan schedules for customer training engagements, including recruiting SMEs from the Professional Services or Sales Engineering teams as needed for advanced topics
- Deliver engaging training sessions online and in person for a wide range of audiences and roles
- Continuously improve training content to ensure accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness for the intended audience
- Provide feedback and suggestions for new or revised content from customer sessions, our community forums, and our community Slack
- Use your knowledge of the Grafana stack and scripting to assist our training infrastructure engineer in expanding the capabilities of our hands-on exercise environments
- Continuously grow your knowledge of the Grafana stack of technologies
- 5+ years of experience working directly with customers as either a trainer or a solutions engineer/architect, including training customers on technical software, scoping customer needs, and planning training schedules
- Be experienced with a variety of delivery methods, including VILT, in-person training, and open-ended Q&A sessions
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and ability to clearly articulate complex technical concepts
- Strong ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with prioritizing and managing your own projects in order to meet tight deadlines
- Experience as an SRE, Cloud Architect, DevOps engineer, or system administrator
- Experience in using or administering the Grafana technology stack a plus
- Familiarity with metrics, monitoring, and/or observability technology a plus
In the United States, the Base compensation range for this role is $140,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.