Gradle is the build tool of choice for millions of developers around the globe and is the official build tool for Android applications. Developing Gradle is a dynamic and demanding engineering challenge, with the reward of significant industry impact and collaboration with some of the world's best software teams.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for a passionate engineer with a demonstrated ability to efficiently deliver and maintain robust and useful software based solutions, as part of a collaborative team.
- Designing, implementing and testing new Gradle features and bug fixes
- Doing user research, outreach, and support
- Applying new developments in real-world Gradle builds and plugins
- 5 years of software development experience
- Experience programming in Java
- Ability to debug, profile, and optimize code
- Understanding of modern software development techniques and practices
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience developing and maintaining Gradle builds
- Experience programming in Kotlin or Groovy
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
What we value
- Passion for making other software engineers more productive
- Strong customer and community focus
- Delivering useful high-quality solutions
- Pragmatism in execution and getting things done
- Open communication and respect for each other
What we offer
- Work on a fast-growing product with millions of users and a clear vision for the future
- Cooperation with passionate and experienced engineers and the opportunity to learn from them regardless of your experience level
- Ability to work from any place on the planet in a remote-first environment with flexible working hours
- Opportunities for growth in technical and leadership responsibilities
- Attractive compensation package including company equity
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Submit your cover letter and resume via the form below
- Explain in your cover letter why you want to work on the Gradle Build Tool
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.