At Gradle Inc. our mission is to transform how software is built and shipped. Our technology helps companies to develop their software significantly faster and more reliably. We are the company behind the Gradle Build Tool, one of the Top 20 Most Popular Open Source Projects for IT used by millions of Android and Java developers.
Our commercial product, Gradle Enterprise, has set new standards in software development and is used at companies like LinkedIn, Google, Netflix, SAP, and the most valuable technology and Global 1000 companies from around the world. As such, Gradle is one of the fastest growing start-up ventures based in Silicon Valley.
Customer Success Managers (CSMs) focus on proactively maximizing product success within an assigned portfolio of Gradle Enterprise customers. At Gradle Inc. we highly prize our amazing portfolio of customers, and you will be integral in keeping them successful and retaining strong relationships.
As a CSM, you will speak directly to each customer on a regularly scheduled cadence, checking in on key metrics of customer health, including: adoption by various user personas, overall build performance heath, and usage of product features to accomplish business objectives. You will prescribe and assist in developing playbooks based on a customer’s stage and maturity with Gradle Enterprise and the discipline of Developer Productivity Engineering (DPE).
You will be responsible for moving customers through the DPE lifecycle maturity model, from onboarding handoff from sales through full DPE maturity. Your goal is to not only retain the business of existing customers, but to proactively ensure Gradle Enterprise customers are wildly successful with the product and in implementing the discipline of DPE.
- Speak with customers on regularly scheduled health check calls
- Manually monitor and update key metrics of health
- Support Solutions Engineering with proactively detecting issues with customers and prescribing solutions
- Continually educate customers on product features
- Manage Slack and email communication
- Project manage implementation and usage of new Gradle Enterprise features and extensions
- Support sales with renewal and product extension opportunities
- 5+ years of experience as a Customer Success Manager or similar in a complex technology vertical
- Experience in a rapidly changing & dynamic startup environment
- Strong technical acumen, ability to learn and distill complex subjects
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong experience in remote collaboration, with a global team and customer base (ideally pre-pandemic)
- Prior work experience interacting with developers and engineering leadership in the dev tools space is a major plus
- Fluent in German or French is a plus
What we offer
- Collaborating closely and daily with remote colleagues distributed across the globe
- Attractive compensation and benefits package
- Remote from Europe
While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume and describe why you believe you'd be a great addition to the team
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace with a global multicultural team that learns from and respects each other. We are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion forward by investing resources in company-wide inclusion trainings, improving recruitment processes and contributing to groups that are committed to advancing racial/social justice and equality.
Gradle is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.