Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We’re looking for a regional expert to help drive our efforts in Germany. You'll develop a strategy based on local insights and manage community building, marketing, partnerships, and PR initiatives. You'll work with a small team in Germany to execute on local strategy while partnering closely with the product teams to build a top quality experience for GoFundMe campaign organizers. We are a fast growing company and you will have the opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and help the company move from strategy to execution.
What You’ll Do...
- Develop market and competitive assessments to identify and drive new opportunities for GoFundMe in Germany
- Manage and recruit top talent for community management, marketing, and partner teams
- Cultivate relationships with major brands, agencies, and media partners
- Act as an external spokesperson and evangelize the GoFundMe brand in Germany
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in a similar capacity
- Experience working on content creation, online/offline marketing, PR/communications and/or partnerships
- Deep understanding and relationships in the consumer internet market in Germany
- Excellent analytics, communication, and strategic skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a startup environment with a passion for GoFundMe’s mission
- Humble attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive execution alongside smaller teams
- Fluency in English and German required (resume written in English for consideration)
Working at GoFundMe...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives every day
- We're a small and growing team of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
- GoFundMe employees have the chance to give back to campaigns of their choice every month
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead
Please note: This position is a full-time, based in Berlin with moderate travel required. This role reports directly to the Head of International.
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day, friends, family and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $4 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best management teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from Facebook, Twitter, Uber, Groupon, YouTube, LinkedIn, Intuit, GoPro, and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.