GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and we’re just getting started. We are excited to make big changes and take bold steps to achieve our mission. Our Revenue Manager will oversee monthly close cycle, grow and scale our revenue recognition team, oversee the adoption of new revenue recognition guidance (ASC 606), and liaise between cross functional groups in order to ensure strong partnerships across finance and other teams.
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end close activities
- Assist in the design and scaling of revenue accounting, including revenue recognition and deferred revenue
- Support cross-functional teams in development of standard operating procedures as they impact the revenue process and topline results
- Provide guidance and direction to Sales and Legal during negotiation process to ensure contracts are in line with corporate financial objectives
- Design, document, implement and maintain effective accounting policies, procedures, and controls related to revenue recognition
- Support the annual audit and quarterly reviews by preparing supporting analyses and audit schedules
- Participate in ASC606 transition including educating and influencing business teams on implications
- Support new system implementations and integrations including preparing use cases and user testing
- CPA with 4+ years relevant progressive experience including revenue recognition
- Industry experience in a public SaaS company is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge and practical application of ASC 605-25; technical knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience with Salesforce.com query and reporting, BI tools and NetSuite a plus
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with GoFundMe
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment where contributions make an immediate difference
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $3 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.