Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! GoFundMe is seeking our next Staff Product Manager, Trust & Risk Platform. This role is tailor-made for someone who is not only passionate about our mission of empowering people to help others but also brings a deep technical understanding and enthusiasm for enhancing platform security and reliability. As a key member of our Trust & Risk team, you’ll help steer our product trust & risk strategy, while building the core systems needed to defend our platform against bad actors and misconduct.
Candidates considered for this role will be located in one of the following locations: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, or New York.
- Balance Risk & User Experience: Work with stakeholders in multiple areas to strike a balance between risk tolerance and user experience, striving to deliver a safe and seamless user experience possible
- Manage Trust & Risk Platform Systems: Oversee the development and maintenance of the core systems that provide platform safety, fraud defenses, and likely tool frameworks for operations.
- Vendor Assessment: Lead in-depth technical assessments of third-party tools or vendors for trust, risk, and tooling solutions, ensuring their technical capabilities align with GoFundMe’s strategic needs and security standards.
- Technical Collaboration: Engage in technical discussions and collaborations with engineers, data scientists, and other product managers. Play a pivotal role in ensuring the technical compatibility and integration of trust & risk features with other platform services.
- Trust & Risk Advisory: Partner with other members of Research, Design, and Development to ensure new products are designed with risks in mind and integrated into overall Trust Architecture.
- Internal Partner Communication and Collaboration: Effectively communicate plans, progress, and challenges to internal partners, including non-technical team members, to ensure broad understanding and alignment. Manage complex stakeholder relationships under crisis conditions
- Strategic Vision: Build a broad strategic vision for what is needed for the future to keep our customers safe, and sell and execute on that vision
- Demonstrated experience in product management in a trust & safety, abuse mitigation, or information security role.
- Adversarial thinker. You are comfortable stepping into a bad actor’s shoes and dreaming up how a product or solution will be exploited or abused – and then identifying solutions to prevent this from occurring.
- In-depth understanding of engineering systems. Ability to navigate and improve complex system architectures, including legacy systems, and design modularized components that serve as the building blocks for larger goals.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to tackle complex, challenging relationships, including with customers and vendors, under crisis conditions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with dealing with entirely qualitative or entirely quantitative data for decision making. You should be comfortable flexing between qualitative and quantitative decision making and equally fluent in both.
- Are willing to travel (up to 20%). Some stakeholders and key data are found in operations teams, which work onsite in locations spread across the US and abroad.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $160,000- $217,500 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.