Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Payments Observability & Performance Engineering ensures that our Payments Platform services are running appropriately, performing well, and meeting users’ needs. As a Senior Software Engineer (Payment Ops), you will work to improve the reliability and performance of our Payment’s distributed systems. You will partner with our Payments Platform engineering teams to design, build, operate, and automate logging, tracing, monitoring, and alerting platforms at the heart of Payments Platform services that are critical to the function of our customers. This position offers an opportunity to work on challenging technical problems and drive innovation in the AI anomaly detection, intelligent self healing ops, application performance monitoring, container orchestration, alert management, and escalation space.
This is a remote position. Candidates considered for this role will be located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Cloud Infrastructure Development: Responsible for AWS EKS, k8s infrastructure, and stability.
- Platform Observability Development: Design, develop, and enhance application performance monitoring capabilities.
- Performance Optimization: Introduce support for threshold alerting and self healing.
- Data Analysis and Insights: Foster data-driven decision-making by providing in-depth dashboards.
- Collaboration and Platform Management: Collaborate effectively with SRE teams, DevX, software engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to seamlessly integrate observability, tracing, and compliance into the development lifecycle. Manage platform engineering considerations related to observability platform development and resource allocation.
- Monitor and optimize Kubernetes clusters for performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Participate in on-call rotations to assist in solving urgent engineering issues.
- 3+ years of hands-on operational experience performance measurement and benchmarking.
- 2+ years of experience DevOps and load testing distributed applications
- 3+ years of professional experience working with backend programming languages (e.g., Java, Kotlin, Python, PHP).
- Experience with containers and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with one of more public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Professional experience with relational database design.
- Professional experience developing REST APIs using any standard framework.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and the ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Experience with application performance monitoring and log analytics tools. We use New Relic and Sumo Logic.
Nice to haves...
- Kubernetes certification (e.g., CKA, CKAD, CKS).
- Experience with Kubernetes ecosystem tools like Helm, Istio, ArgoCD, FluxCD, Prometheus, or Rancher.
- Knowledge of infrastructure such as code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or Ansible
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay.
- Rich healthcare benefits and supportive time off policies.
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, and family planning.
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees.
- Learning & development and recognition programs.
- “Gives Back” Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups.
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application or a job interview or to otherwise participate in the hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.