Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
GoFundMe is seeking a highly skilled and versatile Generalist Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to conduct research and build machine learning systems to improve the experience for our campaign organizers, donors, and supporters.
- Building and testing machine learning models to solve a range of business challenges, including Fraud Detection, fundraiser Recommendations, and more.
- Delivering scalable and high-performance ML solutions for various GoFundMe products.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and optimization using machine learning techniques.
- Create metrics and configure A/B testing to evaluate model performance offline and online to inform and convey our impacts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest machine learning research and techniques, and incorporating them into your work as appropriate.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least 8+ years of experience building end-to-end machine learning products, from data gathering, to model training and tuning, to deploying to production and monitoring its performance
- Strong experience wrangling, processing, and analyzing big data using Apache Spark or similar technology
- Ability to write an end-to-end pipeline code that is modular, scalable, and easy for future team members to build upon.
- Strong programming skills and experience with Python, data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas), and popular machine learning tools (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, JAX), or comparable experience.
- Experience with information retrieval and is comfortable experimenting with and incorporating cutting-edge techniques into our existing system
- Ping pong skills, an appreciation for boba tea, and a sense of humor (optional but appreciated).
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $150,000 - $200,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: