Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
GoFundMe is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be a key part of our growing Data team to help build scalable data platforms that enable business analytics, data science and data products. This role requires technical expertise in a wide variety of technologies to develop and own our enterprise data warehouse, source data from various databases/web APIs and integrate data with external systems. If you are interested in working in a fast paced environment and like being challenged with fun data problems to solve, come join us!
- Develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse (in Amazon Redshift)
- Create and manage ETL data pipelines (sourcing data from databases, streaming data, various web APIs, etc.)
- Integrate data from data warehouse into 3rd party tools to make data actionable
- Develop and maintain REST API endpoints for data science products
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing data warehouse solutions
- Ensure data quality through automated testing
- Collaborate with analysts, engineers and business users to design solutions
- Research innovative technologies and make continuous improvements
- Build out infrastructure for machine learning model training and deployment
- 3+ years as a software engineer designing, developing and maintaining enterprise data warehouse solutions consisting of structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency with building data pipelines using ETL/data preparation tools
- Experience with web APIs and data integrations across internal and external systems
- Good understanding in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with Python, Scala, Java or other programming languages
- Experience with Spark
- Good understanding of database architecture and best practices
- Understanding of data science and machine learning technologies a plus
- Experience with event tracking is a plus
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $130,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: