Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with a common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted global leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for a Press Secretary that would report directly into our Chief Corporate Affairs Officer.
- Develop and deepen relationships with industry and national journalists to share and inform coverage of GoFundMe as a community driven platform for everyone.
- Collaborate with executive team to develop communications strategies that drive brand awareness and ensure trust and confidence
- Respond to and drive coverage that reflects our strategic business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and leadership to develop both reactive and proactive statements around current policies, crises and issues.
- Serve as spokesperson for the company with national media and mentor regional spokes people in developing their skills and experience.
- Leverage long-standing existing media relationships and build new ones to amplify company narratives
- Deep understanding of the changing media landscape; will provide sound judgment on media engagement and responses
- Prepare GoFundMe executives for speaking engagements and media interviews as necessary.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 10+ years in Press Secretary or Senior Media Relations experience, either in house at a high profile organization or at a fast moving agency
- Extensive experience in media relations with strong, proven relationships with national reporters in top-tier tech, business, consumer and broadcast outlets
- Ability to identify and manage on-the-record, on-background and off-the-record reporter conversations and situations
- Track record of managing high-level crisis and policy situations
- Experience advising and counseling C-level executives on communications matters
- Experience driving cross-functional communications programs at a highly visible organization
- Work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, time-critical initiatives
- Exceptional writing capabilities
- Collaborative, no-task-too-small mindset
- Ability to see the bigger picture for GoFundMe and use creativity to innovate and build narratives in the changing media landscape
- Strong management and mentorship skills, commitment to spend time to grow the team
- Demonstrated creativity in driving communications and maximizing media opportunities
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...