Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with a common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted global leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Senior Manager, Payments Partnerships & Operations.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge and experience within the payments domain. Additionally, they will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with expanding responsibilities and possess a strong work ethic, effective communication skills, and an ability to operate independently, proactively, and cross-functionally across the organization.
You will be at the epicenter of driving effective payment operations and evolve early stage ideas into future growth initiatives through sourcing and cultivating critical and strategic partnerships. You will be responsible for the growth and optimization of our global payments platform through developing and managing key strategic external partners, adept at balancing day-to-day operations while also identifying and implementing ways to optimize how we solve payment issues on our platform, participating in cross functional initiatives and accelerating product development through partner alignment with a focus on operational efficiency.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payment operations including partnerships, processors, operations, and payment best practices.
- Source, structure, and negotiate deals with existing and new partners to drive growth while unlocking value for our GoFundMe community; owning all aspects of the partnership deal, including identification, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, evaluation and financial analysis, closing activities, and post-close monitoring
- Increase strategic partnerships through detailed partner management, working with partners to establish new programs and features. Manage all partner relationships including, day to day engagements, escalations, contracts, metrics and performance and invoicing
- Work with all partners to identify best practices and improve points of failures, resolve partner incidents, document processes, drive accountability and performance
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate key performance metrics (auth rates, chargebacks, fraud, etc) to support ongoing partnership management and identify new opportunities to address gaps or create net new business opportunities; hold partners accountable and use influence to improve outcomes
- Ensure KPI reporting is clear and accurate and report regularly to internal stakeholders, leadership, and executive team
- Maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape, emerging trends and disruptors, and news in the payments space
- Demonstrate relationship-building skills with technical acumen; ability to understand product strategy and use this understanding to define requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships
- Solve operational issues within a payments function while thinking cross-functionally across lines of business stakeholders, product, engineering, legal and finance.
- Experience building & managing teams
- Experience with remittance, merchant processing, and PSPs and establishing partnerships with acquiring banks and networks (Visa, MasterCard, Ideal) preferred
- A self-starter who operates with a get things done mentality, always thinking about how to improve things around you and solve problems with limited resources!
- Ability to develop a strong point of view combined with the openness to evolving that view based on new data; collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- 8+ years of payments operations and/or partnership experience within a payments/fintech/ecommerce or marketplace company
- Excellent negotiation capabilities, with a track record of closing deals that unlock value
- Understanding of network rules, interchange, and key performance indicators related to payment processing
- Experience influencing senior level leadership internally and externally
- Experience negotiating contracts, being the point of contact with online payment providers, fintech firms, banks and other eCommerce payments providers
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form, and ability to influence stakeholders across a wide variety of functions
- Have exceptional teamwork, organizational and analytical skills
- Top-notch cross-functional skills to collaborate with your team and partners to achieve strategic results
- Ability to function at a detailed project management level without losing sight of business strategy
- Ability to partner with various teams to identify and implement areas for improvement, automation, and scale.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...