Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $15 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
GoFundMe has a sizable global payment footprint that we expect to grow substantially in the coming years. As our GDV grows, there is a need for us to evolve our day-to-day payment operations, metrics optimization, vendor management, payment integrations, etc, by creating a centralized Payment Ops function dedicated to managing our substantial payments functions end-to-end on a daily basis.
Given the tight alignment between payment operations and the payments roadmap, this role will encompass both Payment Ops and Payment Product Management. Payment engineering and risk & compliance will remain separate functions.
- Experience running a successful global pay-in / pay-out network for a two-sided network operating across many continents and dozens of countries
- Ability to manage and optimize a $10B+/year payments business via both manual and automated processes
- Deep domain knowledge of payments both on pay-in and pay-out and ability to support innovative new experiences and verticals via payments
- Ability to build a large and innovative global payouts network to support GoFundMe’s ambition to pay out to individuals and charities around the world
- Ability to analyze data and drive metrics optimization for key operational and performance metrics such as cost/interchange, loss rates, auth rates, FX, etc
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Excellent judgment and day-to-day decision making
- Excellence in execution including knowing how to deliver against strategic goals by developing roadmaps with clear prioritization and close collaboration with engineering
- Ability to manage a network of payment vendors and partners including sales/RFP processes, contract negotiation, driving toward strategic outcomes, performance monitoring, metrics optimization, etc
- Ability to lead and scale an organization of payments operators and payments product managers
- Understands global payment regulations and partners with legal, policy, and risk & compliance to ensure compliance with local regulations while also driving innovation with minimal licensing requirements
- Experience with payments licensing, being in the flow of funds, and knowing what level of abstraction in the payments ecosystem is appropriate for specific use cases (ie build vs buy, license directly vs via partners, etc)
- Strong communication skills and collaborative work style enabling partnerships across product, engineering, risk compliance, finance, and legal
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...