Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $15 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
GoFundMe is looking for a Software Engineer with a Front End focus. The position will be located in one of our three office locations in CA; Los Angeles, San Diego or Redwood City. You will work in a startup-type environment, with a motivated team that is getting results and having fun.
- Remote option for the right candidate.
- You’ll work with Product Management to develop features and improvements to GoFundMe in a well-tested and performant way.
- You’ll participate in code reviews to maintain internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- You’ll ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- You’ll provide mentorship to junior developers through chat, pair programming, and regular meetings with the entire front-end team.
- Recognize technical debt, propose and implement solutions.
- Advocate for improvements to the codebase, and provide leadership to others within your team.
- 5+ years of professional experience with front-end web development.
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Experience using Git in a workplace environment.
- Experience working in an agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience with web performance and optimization problems and the ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and compliance standards.
- Participate in on-call rotations to assist in troubleshooting urgent engineering issues.
- Comfortable working with REST APIs to access data required to build a user interface.
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...